NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attn: Denver Scca members

I know that there are a few denver area members that frequent this board. I was wondering what your local regulations are regarding passengers and what type of schedule you typically run out there? I was having trouble navigating your local website and remembered that there were CO people that browsed these boards.

My wife and I will be there for the Great American Beer Festival :piss: and you have an event scheduled for Oct. 3rd. We were originally thinking of running with you but after a week of heavy drinking and waking up late I'm thinking we'd just come by and check out your new airport site, and try to get a ride! I'd also like to see how your region runs an event.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The Colorado and Continental Divide regions hold joint autocross events at three different venues. The schedule is here:

http://www.rmsolo.org/schedule.html

The Oct 3rd date was just confirmed today as "on" at the DIA venue; it is currently listed on the website as tentative. Registration online is required--no walkups; $25 for SCCA members. Directons to the DIA Mt. Elbert lot are here:

http://www.rmsolo.org/directions.html

Passengers are permitted during any run, any heat as long as a helmet is worn (loaners available at the event); most everyone is pretty good about riders.

Course setup starts at 6:30AM. Regsitration is 6:30-8:30. Driver's meeting is at 9AM, and we try to get the first cars off by 9:15.

DIA events have been drawing 200+ cars, almost always including a huge STS turnout.

Stop by and say hi, and take a ride with one of our 22 Nationals trophy winners, including 7 National Champions. Or even me :)

PS: Have fun at GABF!

--
David Jobusch
#29 STS

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks David, I met Ryan Baumgartner at the Wendover Pro and he said that DIA was bringing in a big crowd but he didn't say 200+!!!
Thanks for the link it looks like you've been closing the gap to 1st throughout the season, and you guys do have a lot of Champions there!!(looking through results)

We'll be bringing our helmets with us, and we'll try to stop by on the way out of town. I'd like to see the setup of the STS cars out there. Does STS usually run in the morning or the afternoon?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Fastbrewer said:
Thanks David, I met Ryan Baumgartner at the Wendover Pro and he said that DIA was bringing in a big crowd but he didn't say 200+!!!
Thanks for the link it looks like you've been closing the gap to 1st throughout the season, and you guys do have a lot of Champions there!!(looking through results)

We'll be bringing our helmets with us, and we'll try to stop by on the way out of town. I'd like to see the setup of the STS cars out there. Does STS usually run in the morning or the afternoon?
Most classes rotate each event; run 1 one event, 2 the next, 3 the next, 4 the next, 1 the next.

I'm not sure where STS is currently at. There is an event this weekend, registration closes today. Shortly after that, the registration page will show the proposed run order. The Oct 3 event will have STS run in the "next heat" w.r.t. this weekend's event.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LoCore said:
Looks like STS ran first heat last weekend. That *should* mean that we run heat 2 this coming weekend. That means we're off around 11am.
Thanks for the info, that is about the time we thought we'd be there as I want to be on the freeway headed back to Salt Lake by 12:30 so I'll look for you.
-Jon

·
Registered
791 Posts
The proposed run order is out.

X runs in Heat 3 -- should be around a 12:30PM start.
STS runs in Heat 4 -- should be around a 2:00PM start.

Currently registered X Class drivers you might recognize: Reindl, Fauth, Goodman, Medicus, Youngers, Tunnell (both Bob and Patty), Klingler, Heydlauff, Wolfskill

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry I had to leave before you ran but we had a 7.5 hour drive back to Salt Lake. Hope your times were good.
To everyone else that hasn't seen this site it is quite large and smooth concrete with good grip. It will be fun if they can wrangle in a National event!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts