NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a decent and reliable 2-way alarm. Price range is about 4-600 dollars. What i have heard that the most reliable alarm is the audiovox. That the remotes hardly ever break an that there wont be any problems. But also that Viper is the most tunable with all sorts of features but isnt as reliable. That people are constantly buying new remotes. Lastly that clifford has great security but lacks the reliability. Can someone shed some light on the situation. I am really just looking for a reliable alarm with 2-way and remote start. Other features while nice arent really important. Also security is a big issue (of course) so who is using the best sensors and will work accuratly with out alot of falses.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
It comes down to the reliability of the remotes if you ask me. My store sells DEI and Audiovox. We have had 0 remotes come back for the audiovox 2 way system while we usually have 2-5 DEI remotes come back a week.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by spyder00367
I am looking for a decent and reliable 2-way alarm. Price range is about 4-600 dollars. What i have heard that the most reliable alarm is the audiovox. That the remotes hardly ever break an that there wont be any problems. But also that Viper is the most tunable with all sorts of features but isnt as reliable. That people are constantly buying new remotes. Lastly that clifford has great security but lacks the reliability. Can someone shed some light on the situation. I am really just looking for a reliable alarm with 2-way and remote start. Other features while nice arent really important. Also security is a big issue (of course) so who is using the best sensors and will work accuratly with out alot of falses.

Also, to add a little more info for you... You understand that Clifford is owned and manufactured by DEI, correct?

Originally posted by BrianGTS
It comes down to the reliability of the remotes if you ask me. My store sells DEI and Audiovox. We have had 0 remotes come back for the audiovox 2 way system while we usually have 2-5 DEI remotes come back a week.
All remotes are able to fail... It usually comes down to how the customer treats the remote... If the throw there keys around, they will break!!!!! Its just that easy.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The remotes that usually fail or break are the 2-way pager remotes. I know someone that works at an alarm/stereo shop and he says he gets a few customers coming back because they drop their 2-way pager remote. The regular Clifford (non 2-way) are reliable and can be dropped just like the factory RS3200 alarm remotes. IMO, Clifford is a really good and reliable alarm. I have the Avantguard 5 and with all the bells and whistles it has, the only way you can take the car is to basically tow it away while the alarm is still going off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have the clifford rsx 3.5. i ove it. the best alarm i have ever owned. it has auto start, built in turbo timer, the range on the remote is great. i also had them add the proximity alarm to it which is real sensitive. $400 installed w/o the proximity over here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts