NewCelica.org Forum banner

August Meet Date

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Mr. Carbon Fiber
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've never been to Tampa (until I move there this summer) so I don't know what there is around there. I'm a bit flaky on what Gainesville/Melbourne has to offer. I haven't been to south Florida since I was like 3.

You all have better suggestions than me so I am open to ideas.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If we can come up with a date sooner rather than later and it's close enough, I can leave after work and take the next day off to make this meet :)

·
Mr. Carbon Fiber
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hopefully we can get others to chime in on when is a good weekend for them. If not, we'll just choose a date that has the most votes at that time in a couple of days. Next topic would be location...

·
Mr. Mica
525 Posts
i like early august...what about a beach meet maybe a cookout or something
down south would be nice even tho it gets hot as hell

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i like early august...what about a beach meet maybe a cookout or something
down south would be nice even tho it gets hot as hell
beach meet would be nearly impossible to get parking down south, you are better off up north for that but the idea is good :eek::

·
Mr. Mica
525 Posts
beach meet would be nearly impossible to get parking down south, you are better off up north for that but the idea is good :eek::
your right about that... i can never find parking at hollywood or las olas. idk maybe something in west palm beach or even cocoa beach

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Daytona? Never been there, so I have no clue what's there.

Another option, if you guys are interested, is the meet at Merritt Island they have every Sat. It's around an hour due east of central Orlando. A few friends and I were planning on going out there sometime, since it's a haul for me (they're much closer). It's at 10pm, and when the weather's nice, it's supposedly massive. We can find stuff to do nearby for the early evening, then head out there for the meet. Opinions?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Daytona? Never been there, so I have no clue what's there.

Another option, if you guys are interested, is the meet at Merritt Island they have every Sat. It's around an hour due east of central Orlando. A few friends and I were planning on going out there sometime, since it's a haul for me (they're much closer). It's at 10pm, and when the weather's nice, it's supposedly massive. We can find stuff to do nearby for the early evening, then head out there for the meet. Opinions?

sounds not bad, wth is it so late??? If we can find something to do during the early evening that would be cool, I am cool with it as I wont be meeting up till mid afternoon with you guys anyway if I go since I still would work in the morning.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
It's in a Barnes & Noble parking lot after hours. They have weekly meets there, and bi-weekly meets in Orlando on Wednesday nights. Went to one in the winter, and there was a bigger turnout than a Celica meet ( :chuckles: ), even though it was a small turnout because of the weather.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts

·
Mr. Carbon Fiber
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
You can drive your car on the beaches in Daytona
You can drive your car on the beaches in Daytona. lol, I cannot and refuse to but a beach meet is still a good idea. So our options currently are:

• Daytona
  • Merritt Island
I like the Merritt Island idea for two reasons. Beaches + Barnes & Noble meet. Afternoon/evening activities + grill out then B&N meet?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
What we can do is meet in the afternoon in Merritt island and then head over later to the actual meet at 10pm.

The Merritt island meet is not bad at all I've been there 4 times and was only semi disappointed once, so that's a pretty good ratio

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
What's there to do @ Merritt Island before the meet? Besides food.

...speaking of food, is there an IHOP nearby? :3

I'm sorry this time I refuse to go to ihop you pancake lover! And I have no idea what we can do in Merritt island

·
Mr. Carbon Fiber
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Kennedy Space Center likely doesn't offer much. Maybe a museum? Not sure about what Cape Canaveral has. I wonder if the area has any laser tag places. :chuckles:

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
BTW, Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center are right nearby. Anything interesting to do there?
absolutely nothing lol. unless you're a middle schooler or just want to play in the fountains.

i vote for daytona :D, i never heard of merritt island

21 - 40 of 109 Posts