NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
stock the 3.5 se auto can hit 14.5-14.8 . The 2.5 can prob hit a high 15.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
yep...3.5 can give u trouble...but 2.5.... should be a cake walk....if u do eveyrthing correctly....cuz i already ha dthe pelasure of racing a 2.5. but never a 3.5

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
maximas are ffasst :) at 130.. i puleld up behind one..n he kept pulling gradually.... so i would have to say if we were even from teh start..ida lost anyways..cuz they have cut off at 145 i think..me 139 ish..if im lucky.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really...is it suposed to be a cakewalk because i raced one last night and i started pulling real slow when i got into third...
we also did it from a 40mph rolland i jus left him there...off topic but was is a good speed i can start from a roll...Droppin to second in 40mph gave me some good pickup....wha do u guyz suggest

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
yesterday was when i raced mine. it was a lil wet..so we did it form a start ..it was nnootttt working...lol..... but then we gradually eased out n gunned it like at 10 mph.... then we got to some dry road....from 0-90 from a dead stop i took him roughly 4-5 cars..then i followed him on the highway.. i blew by him at 115...cuz i flashe dby lblinkers cuz i was done..but he flew by n flahse dhis..n i got pissed..n followed him again...lol....not SUPOSED ot be a cake walk..but our cars are genraly faster. the 2.5 i sthe same heavy pork as the 3.5 without the power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It seems this video creeps up on every forum and is usually met with the same critisism. On other forums your said that you had juice but didn't use it. I find it hard to believe that you beat a mid 14 second car that convincingly with just a couple of mods. The 1.8T is definately an awesome car once modded, but I'm calling BS on the video.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
The auto max isn't a mid 14 second car. Its more like mid to high 15's stock. I don't think the videos bs. In the first video the jetta was already in its powerband while the max had to drop a gear and power up. The race was pretty much over before it started. Nice kill though.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
i usuaally agree with everything u say...but in a c and d book i had acouple yr sback.. stock auto se 3.5 maxima did 14.8 so not mid 15...maybe 99 or older but 00 and newer definately not.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The 2002-2003 Maxima 6MT runs low-mid 14s, and the auto runs in the mid-high 14s, depending on driver of course. Mid 15s are possible if the driver forgets to push the gas pedal down all the way, but for some reason I don't see that happening....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Listen to how slow the rpms are moving in the second video, most certainly not spraying. Or in the first one for that matter. In the second video i had "lag" Once the turbo spooled up i started pulling. I am gonna do a repeat soon to see what the difference is.

"damn dawg...have u ever run ur jetta at the track?"

i dont know if ur being humerous or what but if ur serious [email protected] w 2.2 60ft.

"no one can mess with a CHIPED VeeeeDuubbduubudd 1.8T.."

Nice Spelling.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
nah..i was being seirous..i just speak that way for the most part. but , was that your stock time? or did u never get to run it stock?, cuz from the distance u pulled on the nissan, i woudl have to say itd be a lil higher than 13.9...maybe 14's, but then again..... its a street race, too many variables, that coudl affect..him..or you.....u wont always run ur best times, n especially not on the street. but 13.9 is very believable.

·
Registered
175 Posts
"i woudl have to say itd be a lil higher than 13.9...maybe 14's, but then again..... its a street race, too many variables, that coudl affect..him..or you.....u wont always run ur best times, n especially not on the street. but 13.9 is very believable."

Keep in mind that stock everything except for chip,downpipe,BLow off valve. THe maxima would of taken me out the whole but chip,downpipe,bov i was trapping higher than maxima stock.

Now with the mods u see below with somewhat better tires than stock. I will make another vid of me know with the maxima. Ill post it up later on....

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
n what he hell is ur definition of fast...cuz ****....13.9 is damn fast to me........ ur avg SPORTS CAR is 14 seconds

·
Registered
42 Posts
Like someone mentioned, there is no way that a 2k2 or 2k3 Maxima auto can run mid 15's unless the driver wasn't pushing the gas. With just an intake I was running mid to high 14's and that does seem to be the average. There is a freak 2k2 auto max that's running 13.7's with intake, UDP, Y and B pipes and slicks. The fastest Max I've seen so far is the 4th gen with the supercharger running high 11's at MIR. Once Alpine completes there turbo's and superchargers for the 2k2-2k3 Max's, I'm sure someone will dip into the low 11's.

There is no denying the VW's. There is no other car I know that can gain over 20 hp from a chip upgrade alone. I was looking at the Jetta's before buying my Maxima, but the back seat was just a little too small for the child seats and the Passat just wasn't a good price/performance car:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.