NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a problem with the auto fuel shut off where it will shut off to late and your tank will over flow on the 2003 models and late 2002 models. Toyota just released a tech bulletin to the dealerships that there is a problem with a check valve in the tank. Dealers are currently waiting for a special tool to extract the valve and put in a new one. My dealership told me they should have it within the next 6 weeks, it is coming from Japan.

·
Registered
301 Posts
good to know. my dealership said that they haven't heard of that problem from toyota yet with the celicas but that was about 3 weeks ago. my tank does overflow on my 03

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is covered under warranty. My dealership told me they did not hear of the problem two weeks ago, but when I just saw them they told me they were waiting on the tool.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Finally!

The overflow problem is addressed. It only took 12 months since the problem originally started popping up.

I will dance a little happy dance when I can fill my tank without fear of getting gas all over the outside of my baby.

Does anyone have a link to the TSB? I suggest printing it out before hitting the dealer if you have a lousy service manager.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer today. They said the problem has been confirmed...they said it is problem 30B (not sure if this is a universal id or not). They said I need to bring the car in to check the valve..and if the valve is broken off then they need to order a new gas tank and replace it!!!!! It sucks but I think its worth it to get it fixed and not have gas leak all over the place!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just got back from the dealer and YES..I do need a brand new gas tank (UGH). This sucks but at least the problem will be fixed...I also told them to order me a set of black Celica winter floor mats ($80.00) :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Replace the whole damn gas tank? Fudge! I hate the idea of those savages pulling apart my car, but I want to fix my overflowing tank. Oh well. I guess I will just take it in and pray that they dont scrape and bottom out my car, or destroy any part of it or flag my warranty as void just because I have an intake and replaced the suspension. Dealers are snakes!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just got my campaign notice in the mail. It is campaign number 30b and its all covered under warranty.

Anyone know if there will be any probs with replacing the gas tank?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts