NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
tonight me and a few friends were out cruising around so we decided to go over to derby (a good spot to race) and fool around. i was supposed to race one of their 94? v6 4runners but he declined so i begged our other friend with an s10 (4.3L vortec v6) to race me... he accepted so we went from a roll at about 40 i guess (cant remember really) and he hit it a fraction of a second before me... i took off (i have 1 passenger he has none) and start pulling slowly... i can't remember when we stopped or how much i beat him by... but then we came up to a red light and wanted to race from a stop, me shifting through the gears manually (dunno about him). light turns green and we take off, we both spin, him more than me, and he starts pulling up on me after he spins.... he passes me and my front wheel is at his door, then he quits pulling... i begin to pull... we're doing about 55-60 now, and just getting onto a straightaway with me pulling slowly.. i hit 100 and he's prob about 2 or more car lengths back, then his governor kicked in and he just fell back.. he has flowmasters and thats it performance wise..

on our way back across the empty parkway i encounter an oldsmobile that was pretty, well, old... :p black guy in his mid 20's pulled up and asked for directions.... we helped him out then i asked if he wanted to go (he had already floored it past us once). he grinned and accepted, we were goin about 30 or so.. so as soon as i heard him take off i followed, and we stayed pretty even till maybe 65? and i started to pull very slowly... i got maybe a car ahead or less and he let off by 85...

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
whats up with you racing all of these s10 pickups? :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Not to start a war or anything. I think your car looks bad ass, also you do race alot. It just sucks that you didnt get a 5-sp or a GT-S 6sp because when you race people in auto GT...even though somethimes you win i bet they're shocked they kept up with you that good, or that you barely pulled on them.

Again- Again, no offense to your GT.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah my buddies know that my car isn't anything special, i've explained to them the difference (performance-wise) in the 5 speed and auto, and before i race them i like to talk alot about how they're going to spank me and such..

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but in addition, i do understand what you're saying... a candy-coated version of 'dont bother racing it makes celicas look bad' :p hey but it's all for fun, let people think what they want... one day they'll come up against a 6 speed and they'll get torn up and feel stupid :) i mostly only race lil civics and such anyway, or older cars... i've only lost about 4 times so that shows that i dont go for the big boys, just basically what i can hang with :thumbup:

·
Registered
462 Posts
sweet, i know what you mean, i race my g/f Gt too somethimes and it did made me feel good when i pulled on a guy in a 1999 EX Civic 5sp with exhaust and cold air intake from a roll. I know that a civic ex isnt fast but i also though due to his 5sp he would win. I also had my g/f in the car..not that it matters she weights around 110lbs (lol).
You got any pics of you celica..i saw the ones at the gas station, those were cool. If you got some closer ones i would like to see them, damn you're a lucky kid being 16 having a Celica .

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
good luck getting those s10's off the line.........torque's a b!tch :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.