NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well tonight im supposed to race my friend's 98 s-10 (4.3L vortec) w/ a racing chip on the interstate from like a 70 mph roll... any insight on the outcome? we're both auto and i have tanabe srm exhaust (not like it'll make a difference or anything)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am not too sure, but the 4.3 Vortech engine is preety quick.....my guess would be he can still kinda take you at 70mph..but at like 90..you should start gaining. (i might be wrong) Race safe and post the outcome.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
92_ALL-TRAC said:
7 car lenght's...that seems kinda impossible unless he shot off around 100 and you kept going
he didnt say he cut off afterwards, he just said 'oh well but im gonna kick your ass from a stop!' and i was like 'yeah i know'

he was a good bit away from me... AT LEAST 5 car lengths but im thinking it was about 7 because he was wayy back there..

oh well im not asking you guys to believe me..

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
JaxCD said:
i think their top speed is around 110...
i might be wrong so race till 120;)
if the pickups are anything like the blazer it won't be much of a race......the s10 blazers have a governor on it......so if he does as well he'll top out at 96mph

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah on the way home last night ( a couple of hors after the race) he was doing like 110+ while me and my buddy were hanging back doing the speed limit... he drives crazy &stupid and almost wrecked right before the race... he just turned 16. :(

·
It is known.
8,239 Posts
wgaughan said:
The pickups have the governor at 96 too, but if he has the racing chip it might be higher. Racing chips sometimes raise the top speed.
a chip won't remove the govenor, they only increase hp/tq ........you have to get a programmer to remove it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts