NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an automatic '01 Celica GT. I found a 5 speed transmission on Craigslist and I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap them out? Also, would I need to get anything else besides the transmission?

·
2,644 Posts
I have an automatic '01 Celica GT. I found a 5 speed transmission on Craigslist and I was wondering how difficult it would be to swap them out? Also, would I need to get anything else besides the transmission?
off the top of my head i know you'd need quite a bit, such as
clutch pedal, shifter base, shifter control cables + bracket, shifter, shift knob, master/slave cylinders + lines, clutch/brake pedal assembly

it's not a very easy swap, but if you have the time and the money i'd do it :)

there's a lot of guides on here how to do it, but it's not something that you'll be able to do in a few hours, especially since you're probably unexperienced..

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
It's best to find a junk Celica gt/gts. and pull all the parts off of it.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's actually what it is... It's the whole celica, it just has a blown engine. Would I be able to pull all of the parts off of it? Or is there anything I need to buy new?

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
no. check the link i posted. above.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, but the list of reusable part on that are parts that would be coming off of my current car, correct? Are there any parts that go with the manual transmission that I could reuse? Ex: fly wheel or either of the cylinders?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts