NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried searching and couldnt find direct answers.
has anyone done this (using OEM alarm) ?
what parts are required?
what is the level of difficulty?

any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I have done the auto up mod on the drivers window, but it's not a part of the alarm. It's just a nice thing to add to the stock car. Or are you talking about auto up/down with a remote?

Curt

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i brougth up the alarm b/c i assumed somebody was going to go tell me to buy some aftermarket alarm with the function. how did you do the auto up on the drivers side? can it be done to the passenge side too ?

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Passenger side could probably be done but no one has bothered to figure it out. I've done the driver side as well and if I remember right helped Curt with his with some instructions. If you want one I can make you one like say for that sway bar with your choice of LED color. :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
The passenger side window can be converted to auto up/down by taking a second switch assembly and wiring the auto up/down electronics to the passenger side switch. On the main switch assembly, you will need to add the required switch contacts and LED that are missing from the circuit board. As shown in the pic below, you can use the auto switch button from the second switch on the passenger side of the main switch assembly. Sorry I don

·
Registered
187 Posts
i use dei window module...
i think it was dei 530t...
and hooked up to oem alarm...
by connecting - lock output to window module...
small dei module hadle both windows in both up/down direction...
tap touch (less than 1 sec) will auto up or down...
another tap will stop...
otherwise it will just act like normal power windows...
and you also play with oem alarm wires to roll up when you lock and arm you car...
and further... once you unlock and disarm press one more unlock to roll down windows...

Nu Concept said:
i tried searching and couldnt find direct answers.
has anyone done this (using OEM alarm) ?
what parts are required?
what is the level of difficulty?

any help would be really appreciated.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Originally posted by T3HKMAN
Passenger side could probably be done but no one has bothered to figure it out. I've done the driver side as well and if I remember right helped Curt with his with some instructions. If you want one I can make you one like say for that sway bar with your choice of LED color. :D
Yeah, I think you were the one to send me the links for the guide to do this. I think I have it all on my other computer. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

Curt

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Somebody sent this to me a while back... he never did send me the pictures though...

This mod is for 2000 celicas and up although the idea can be used for any vehicle that comes stock with the one touch
down feature. this mod was made possible by hirogt's install i just took his to another level.

Caution! You are respnosible for any damage that occurs from this mod. This is the correct way to rewire car but if you
screw up - your fault.

Needed: (figure 1) another window switch assembly including wire harness if possible ( can skip big part of install that way),
seven different wires colors, epoxy glue, Loctite quick grid rear window defroster repair kit,medium and small philips
screw drivers, small flat head screw driver, wire crimpers, 1/8 drill bit and drill, solder and solder gun,
solder sucker - woven copper wire - don't know exact name can get it at Radio Shack. above all patience :)
if you get fustrated leave it and come back later.

Install time is aprox: 8 hours - do at night so parts can dry and not gonna bother you not being able to open
windows for a bit.

Getting started:
Go and buy window switch assembly before you do anything. You can get if from your toyota dealer or maybe an auto wrecker.
The reason for new window switch assembly is for: 1) auto button, 2) extra plungers, 3) circuit board.

Once new board is purchased, go home and take the one out of your car.
unscrew shifter knob and pull on cover.

Unscrew both screws and unplug window switch.

Now into the house to convert them. Unscrew the three screws on back of both. (figure 2) pull off white cover and set aside,

then pull out cicuit board and set aside.

pull on clear rubber peice - not too hard -. make sure you do this facing up so you do not lose the plungers.

It comes with seven of them. Dump them into your hand and stick them somewhere you won't lose any.

Unsrew the three srews holding top peice on. Pop off driver and

passenger buttons. (Make sure not to lose the white peices or the springs under them). Cut off plastic peices so button

will pull up all the way. Now "Auto" buttons on (one from other assembly). Pop out clear light thing in the middle of

old assembly and put it in the new one on the passenger side. Screw cover back on. Drill all holes out. Go slow and be

gentle and all will go smooth. Now put all plungers in all holes and put back on the clear rubber peice. You can now

screw circuit board and cover back in so you can at least use your windows till final stages require them again.

Take circuit board and lightly scrape off coating on circuits (figure 4) also scape through 3rd spot to split circuit.

Make sure you leave a peice so that you can build cicuit on it (figure 5). now for some epoxy. put some epoxy on board

in 4 places: 1) on end of scraped through circuit 2) on end of board to stick wires on 3) on circuit line that will be

under auto conacts. Let it dry for an hour at least (more if a different epoxy). now take wires (yellow , red, white)

and epoxy or glue to board making sure that the exposed wire is not covered. make your wires about eight inches long.

you may have to prop it up so it will stay.

i coated mine again after the epoxy dried. now take the quick grid bottle and shake it well then open it (this stuff stinks

worse then girl friend's nail polish) take paint brush and mix contents of bottle make sure to scape bottom of bottle to

mix the conductive material well. now paint little tracks in five places: 1) from auto power to conact spot 2) from auto

remote to contact 3) from white wire to power line 4) from red wire to auto power contacts one and two 5) from yellow wire

to auto remote contacts one and two. Let this dry for a good hour or more. when dry take circuit board and un clip top

from bottom and pull them apart to get at bottom of top board. Un solder (with solder sucker) the two wires on the left

plus pull dud out and tape these off (figure 6). solder purple wire on left and the orange one just to the right of it.

now you will need other ciruit board and the good assembly. pull out (if you put it together to put in car temporarily)

circuit board and put remodled board in it and screw it back together i notched white cover but is not nessesary if you

used long enough wires. if you need to go somewhere, you can put this in your car but passenger window will not work.

take the circuit board (one you didn't just work on) and unsolder the plug there are 2 screws in it too if you can't suck

the solder off of it to get them out, then keep solder gun on it and turn it upside down and it will melt the plug and slid

out of board. unsolder grey wire harnessholding boards together. set aside top board you will not need this unless you

screwed up the other one :p. if facing board so grey wires go in at bottom and plug above, solder the red wire from other

board to far right hole (remember to leave the first hole with nothing in it - it is a spare) then the yellow wire,

then white, then orange, then finally purple. once all soldered make sure it is a good job then epoxy wires to board - will

make them harder to pull out of board when you install in car. now to solder the wires into where the plug was.

solder a red wire to hole marked FLD, a blue to FLU, a white to E, a purple to (an o with a diagnal line through it),

a yellow to TG, a green to BDR, and a brown (or orange) to B+. wire color/ positions is up to you but this is the best order.

i epoxied these wires also just for good measure. just make sure your solder job is good cuz once it is epoxied it is

permanent and if two are touching you will blow fuses or your windows won't work properly. tape white cover on - i used duct

tape but electrical tape might look better. now to go wire into car it is your choice from here, crimp connectors on or solder.

i soldered. make sure your key in in the acc or off position. and do the constant power wire last (blue w/ black stipe)

The red one goes to the red w/ black stripe(right window down), blue to blue w/ silver dot(right window up),

white to white w/ black(ground), yellow to red w/ silver dots(acc), brown to blue w/ black stripe(constant),

purple to yellow w/ black stripe(2nd acc), green to blue w/ yellow. now put circuit board in hole and put switch assembly

back in, screw every thing in and your done enjoy :)

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Good stuff Tater, I take it that's why you needed the wiring??? :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts