NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone still do this !? I have a few questions about suspension setup and tires....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one baby blue celica you see on Florida celica club does autox
Yeah Jonathan and his blue celica does. I have to call him,

All tires. What do you want to be classed in? G-stock? Stc? Smf?
Well I'm not really sure. Wats the difference between them ? Lol I know I shoulda researched that first huh lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohhhh ok. Well I want to gradually spend money, nothing too crazy just something I'd like to have fun with. I do t daily my celica but I do drive it when I want to have fun. I guess it depends on how much I NEED to spend to get into the sport and I frankly have no idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Start by going to events for a year. See what you want. Having a car with no modifications will give you a better learning experience. Mods hide flaws. The smoother you are in a stock squishy car, the more you will appreciate a modded car. VRUM drives a celica with just a few mods allowed in the stock class. "Sway bar, rims, tires, exhaust, struts (NO SPRINGS)" And he still kicks my ass by seconds.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so that sounds like a plan. I have to see when here is events by my home. Or around the area.
So what's the difference in classes ???

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol well that's great lol. I guess I'll figure it out. Haha. What suspension are you running ???

·
Lurker
376 Posts
I've been autox'ing on and off fir a few years... if you've never done it just go out as you are and have fun... then, go get a nice set of tires and do it some more. once you get an idea of what you want to change as far as driving characteristics of your car and what class you want to compete in, then upgrade your car.

Most of all don't take yourself to seriously! I've run bald a/s tires and been completely in the wrong class and I still leave with a smile. Lol

-Alex

·
Registered
510 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZdw_76g70 - This was one of my first autocrosses

To piggyback on what everyone else has said. No mods necessary. Best mod to invest in is the driver mod. Then tires, and then everything else is for the fun of it, or if you want to get competitive. Other than that, go out and get addicted!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZdw_76g70 - This was one of my first autocrosses

To piggyback on what everyone else has said. No mods necessary. Best mod to invest in is the driver mod. Then tires, and then everything else is for the fun of it, or if you want to get competitive. Other than that, go out and get addicted!

Yeah i have been trying to get better at driving. Down shifting properly and what not. But i will be going.to events soon and gettig addicted ;) hopefully it turns outbgood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts