NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
TRD2003GT said:
anyone autocross in south florida if so anywhere to do so besides miami speedway?
By Metro Zoo, they have have some events and also at Tropical Park once in a while.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Does anyone know how much autocrossing costs, not including equipment or modifications?

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
If you're a SCCA member it's usually $25. If you aren't some events will run into the $40's. It all depends on the venue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I pretty sure you do not need any mods to your car, just secure everything and have sufficient tread, and a couple of other safety things. a helmut and some cash yer good to go.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Nothing can be loose inside the car. That goes for change, radar detectors, and floor mats. All those items have to be removed.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
usually they have student discounts.....and they provide helmets

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I havent seen any helmets provided, but i also havent been to just a strictly scca event they have all been bmw and porsche events.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I've seen the helmets provided as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I think it would be cool to set up a Florida Celica Autocross event. Just so I dont do it for the first time alone. Hehe

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I'm for it as long as it's not too far away.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
i know there is an autox event in jville where u get to the top of 3rd gear

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I would go for a Florida Celica Autox :).

SCCA Event around here are 20-25 dollar non-scca member. 10 dollars for scca members. I sometimes hit 80mph (i mean 60 lol SHHHHH!!!). But we are losing the site so hopefully when we get a new site the area will be just as big.

But if you guys get a celica autox going i'll be there for sure.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
It was pretty hellish on my tires. :-/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts