NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally got the AVC-R to replace my lame turbo XS boost controller but for the life of me I can't figure out where to put it.

My ash tray (too small to begin with) is already popluted with some switches. My gauge pod and G-Tech are on the left side and I do not want to use the dash box below the clock...

Only place I can think of so far is right in front of the clock but I really don't like that location.

Anyone have any idea? Many some fellow avc-r owners...maybe a picture...

Help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Well I mounted it in the ashtray but I was going to mount it where the light dimer is. Where the window lock button is located. Kind of hides it and it looks okay.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey, here's how I mounted my S-AFC which I'm guessing is about the same size as the AVC-R.

and with a little more fibreglass work, heres the roof mount I made for the RSM.

I wanted to mount the untis in a way that made the look as if they were a stock option from out of the factory.

Hope this gives you some ideas?

Steve

·
Registered
325 Posts
i think it looks the best in the ash tray (not an option since you have switches in there)

btw nice pics SteveM

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks nice in the ashtray but it won't fit, it's a little too wide.
I love the roof mount. How did you get that done?

ps your stock controls look so much nicer than the US ones

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
i used double sided tape and put it on the flat spot in fron of the clock...since my radio had a clock on it...ill post a pic of it tomorrow

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, I can never work out why they never gave you US guys the option of the digital climate control?, really suits the Hi-tech fell of the car IMO.

The S-AFC install was done by carefully removing the stock ashtray and surround until the was sufficent space to mount the S-AFC and then the gaps were built up with fibreglass/filler.The whole plastic piece was then resprayed.

The roof mount was made by making a frame out of MDF (baiscally top surface,front surface and sides), cloth was then stretched over the frame and stapled into place and then the cloth was stippled in fibreglass resign, just like the process used to make custom kick panel/door speaker pods.

Will try and link a few more pic's

Steve

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK managed to find a few pic's of the roof mount build:

Steve

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this is very cool, thanks!