NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I caught a fifteenth wind with this damn celica. So i am thinking and reaching out to you guys here on the forum on thoughts on how to go about making this car AWD. He is my current plan after talking with sc2jz.

Get the E153 install kit from MWR and use it to bolt up a E154F AWD trans and use an Matrix XR AWD rear clip for the rear end. Feel free to add thoughts and comments, good and bad.

·
Registered
803 Posts
hey bud after crossrefering parts for about 2 hrs now im 99.99% sure the matrix rear end will allmost bolt up with minor moding you may have to change parts off your factory rear end but 90% of the parts interchange
part 48060 is the same on the stock celica subframe so if you have a GTS rear end your all ready ahead of the game also the suspension is the the same part #48530 is the same suspension setup as well i think your going to have to weld on new rear sub frame tags to the maxtrix stuff or bur the holes out or mod these parts to your stock rear end
second here are the part numbers for the rear end assembly https://imageshack.com/i/10nutej

·
Registered
803 Posts
im willing be to bet more so you can just buy the rear end and axels and use the stock GTS frame as the part number 90179 is the same stock spindle on the stock rear end i reconize it from taking mine apart and off the car and wondered why there was a machine hole there and 4 empty holes that why i started to look at the matrix stuff as a posibility however it i would not hold the power

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its looking like the rear hubs are just bolt in replacements for the non axle hubs. One down, a couple more things to go. Will the diff bolt in place? and will the e154f bolt in like the e153?

·
Registered
803 Posts
i have no idea as of this moment i cant figure much else out untill i can track down some people with one , but it is looking that way

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
I like this idea. I wonder however how much power the rear diff holds. Another possibility would be the rear section of an AWD last generation Toyota Caldina. I believe that car even has the same ZT chassis designation as the Celica.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I not going to run more than ~300 whp or 200-250 wtq. My motor its already turbo'd and slightly built and I don't plan on upgrading any more

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
I forsee many broken parts. The Matrix AWD isn't very robust at all.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
The rear diff is pretty fail prone too, I've read people breaking them just slipping wheels on ice.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't read that...yet. I still have some research to do. Open to options, but bolt in is best...and easiest.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
That's why I suggested looking into the 3rd generation Caldina. You might find that a lot of components from the GT-Four could bolt into the Celica with little modification. The rear supension is very similar to the Celica (and Matrix):

The advantage is that you know it's rear diff holds some power and it can be had with a Torsen LSD.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's why I suggested looking into the 3rd generation Caldina. You might find that a lot of components from the GT-Four could bolt into the Celica with little modification. The rear supension is very similar to the Celica (and Matrix):
Is that the same picture from an earlier post or is that from the Caldina line up?

The only trouble with that is that is JDM and Im not sure how to get that imported into the states.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
That's a specific Caldina GT-Four diagram. The easiest way to get what you need would be through an importer of halfcuts. They could import a front cut for the engine and tranny and you could benefit from the rear cut of the same car for the suspension and axle.

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
in all honesty i would say you are better off using a evo rear diff or subaru rear diff because the matrix one is so weak. you know how to weld to make a cradel in the rear subframe for the pumpkin and call driveshaft shop in orlando to have you custom rear axles and driveshaft made.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts