NewCelica.org Forum banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out the 2009 Matrix New car features and it talks about it.

They were viscous couplings from 04-08 so I guess one of them would work as long as you use a trans that doesn't have a viscous coupling in the center diff, which the Celica GT4/alltrac/Caldina transmissions all do.

Personally I would rather just use a Caldina diff since they are a straightforward mechanical diff.
Depends, for what application. caldina st215 had a viscous coupler but some had rear torsen lsd. If both were fitted to the rear it does nothing for performance. with the open front differential it would be same as awd, matrix, rav4, rx300. Edit: would the monkey grip lsd patch this for automatic gts?

·
Registered
79 Posts
You are not quite right

Caldina ST215W MT had rear diff with torsen.
Caldina ST215W AT had open rear diff.
Thanks, sir. check post #23 #27 #40 information on caldina was not found.
my question was about st246w st215w automatic. was this a 50/50 'normal' torque split or just 100/0 'normal' split and uses 1.8 axles or 2.0 (E) series axles?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good try, but I wrote about st246w with reason for Edit:

The facelift model 2005 Toyota Caldina ZT
As a tribute to Toyota motor sport development guru and the creator of the first GT-Four, Hiromu Naruse, a special edition Caldina GT-Four was produced. The Caldina GT-Four “N” edition. (N for Naruse).

This model was equipped with several performance enhancements specified by Hiromu Naruse:

Sport ABS
Front upper strut bar
Torsen rear LSD

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know what about u250, e352
But I can say that c60 and u240 have similar axle's hub
U240, u140, e153 have different hubs

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
This may or may not contribute much as we've discussed it in the earlier pages already but I figured I'd post it anyway. Was browsing some cars the other day and came across this from an NCP85G Sienta (it's pretty much the same setup as the Matrix/Vibe/Corolla awd):

The interesting part is that when I looked up the part number (41110-73010) for the rear differential it is listed as a Venza V6 AWD rear diff too, so at least it's supposed to hold a little bit more power than just the 1NZ/1ZZ engines.

If there is a way to mate the front subframe of any of these cars to the Celica chassis it might give some needed clearance up front. Of course the transmission and mounts would still be an issue.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Thanks for the info. The main hurdle is the transmission clearance on the engine block. Need to find a transmission that clears the ZZ block

·
Daddy Daycare
20,303 Posts
Someone with a trashed 2ZZ block should experiment with grinding down the area where the transfer cases would interfere. :chuckles:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Confirmed: the correct subframe used by fensport, found in many FF awd toyota's of same generation. but they fail to show the modified engine cradle or how to attach it.

It has only one of the under stamps cut out of the four, if you can match xxxx cradle to any of those stamps, plus xxxx engine mounts.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Confirmed: the correct subframe used by fensport, found in many FF awd toyota's of same generation. but they fail to show the modified engine cradle or how to attach it.

It has only one of the under stamps cut out of the four, if you can match xxxx cradle to any of those stamps, plus xxxx engine mounts.
Are you talking front or rear subframe I know what they both are it's not very difficult the problem is the transfer case clearing the block on the transmission

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are you talking front or rear subframe I know what they both are it's not very difficult the problem is the transfer case clearing the block on the transmission
Can you source them both at reasonable prices? That is the burden I am faced with.

The matrix isn't really an option at $500 each for a blown rear diff and tranny (I have proof)

The rear subframes rotted from winters and the rear diff develops slop inside the mount.

I just wanted a known solution. If you were so sure why did you not post info #159?

221 - 240 of 241 Posts