NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Id pay 6k for an AWD swap kit for a celica. even If i had to do work myself. And honestly id use the GT4 diff. And would you be able to use the 7th gen celica rear shocks? id imagine not. WAIT WAIT WAIT! this guy is doing this in Florida? well shit, you might just become my best friend.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Working on getting my hands on the Caldina parts info and if any one knows someone with a awd matrix or vibe send them my way

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
in all honesty i would say you are better off using a evo rear diff or subaru rear diff because the matrix one is so weak. you know how to weld to make a cradel in the rear subframe for the pumpkin and call driveshaft shop in orlando to have you custom rear axles and driveshaft made.
Id rather get it running with the matrix rear diff and blow it up than to never get it done bc of all the fab work

Definitely document everything you do though, and how much all the parts cost. Because seriously, AWD celica...yes please.
Ill will try my best

Id pay 6k for an AWD swap kit for a celica. even If i had to do work myself. And honestly id use the GT4 diff. And would you be able to use the 7th gen celica rear shocks? id imagine not. WAIT WAIT WAIT! this guy is doing this in Florida? well shit, you might just become my best friend.
Not in florida any more, moved to Louisiana

Working on getting my hands on the Caldina parts info and if any one knows someone with a awd matrix or vibe send them my way
Thanks

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
Just saw a 2004 ST246 Caldina GT-Four for sale on Tradecarview for $3800. Can't seem to find any of them with pictures of the rear diff and suspension.

·
Registered
803 Posts
i have been reading up on this as well and i think it will be a good posible rear end

all of the Caldina under belly stuff to be the sames still looking for better info though

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
No, mainly because the Celica and Matrix hubs attach the same way to the suspension arms (two side bolts) wheres the Caldina hub attaches with one side bolt and one vertical bolt. I believe the Caldina is also 5X100 but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I talked with MWR today via email. Basically they discouraged the whole idea and said just to swap in a full 3s-gte swap. Which is IMHO fucking stupid. Their e153 kit should mostly work, ie the passenger axle wont work but could be modified. They also talked about the steering rack being in the way but I kinda figured it would be anyway.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
Interesting, the guy from Jamaica is using the ST215 Caldina rear end. Those are even cheaper on Tradecarview. Below the $1000 mark.

21 - 40 of 241 Posts