NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 241 Posts

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
I talked with MWR today via email. Basically they discouraged the whole idea and said just to swap in a full 3s-gte swap. Which is IMHO fucking stupid. Their e153 kit should mostly work, ie the passenger axle wont work but could be modified. They also talked about the steering rack being in the way but I kinda figured it would be anyway.
to solve the steering rack issue you can machine rod stock into a spacer and put it between the k member and the frame. you would of course need a longer bolt but it would give you the space you need

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
to solve the steering rack issue you can machine rod stock into a spacer and put it between the k member and the frame. you would of course need a longer bolt but it would give you the space you need
With the reading I have been doing I don't think that steering is going to be a problem. The candida uses a very similar chassis. I'm pretty sure this is going to be plug and play

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Turbo 2zz
4,674 Posts
okay i see now you are going to use a completely new k member. very nice. looking forward to updates. I have plans for a 2zz rwd celica and if the caldina front k member has enough room to clear then that will work great for me as well

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
okay i see now you are going to use a completely new k member. very nice. looking forward to updates. I have plans for a 2zz rwd celica and if the caldina front k member has enough room to clear then that will work great for me as well
No the stock one. My current plan is MWR e153 kit, e154f transmission, and a Caldina rear clip. The only thing that needs to be fabbed as of now us a exhaust.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,295 Posts
I know the Caldina K-frame is a little bit deeper than the Celica K-frame, allowing more space for the driveshaft and exhaust.

Sure looks tight with Celica frame.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I know the Caldina K-frame is a little bit deeper than the Celica K-frame, allowing more space for the driveshaft and exhaust.

Sure looks tight with Celica frame.

Not worried about the front, I'm really just concerned with the rear. If I can get all that to bolt up, I'll start buying parts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
That looks like a factory gas tank

IM thinking it might be easier to just get a whole Caldina imported

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I took a look, nice pictures, they used the rear end out of a AWD Corrolla, which i have never heard of and made some custom brackets that were welded in and what not. Im really searching for something more bolt in.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I found a couple of awd matrix and vibe rear clips and rear sub assemblies. Going to call Monday and see what they come with and cost to ship. Get this project going

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I found the key components not far from me. Hopefully have them by January. Sad part is I wont be able to install them till March.

41 - 60 of 241 Posts