NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got finished installing my B&M SS that I ordered from bottle. Whew, that pushnut is a BIATCH!!! Its pretty stiff, will this go away? How much shorter is the TWM??

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
The TWM, from what I hear is about an inch shorter.... as far as the stiffness goes, yeah it does take some more effort to move it, but you will get used to it. Also, be sure you lubed everything up enough. But the TWM will be even more stiff....

·
Registered
514 Posts
i thought that TWM was the shortest

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
hmmm...the stock shifter in the celica is already pretty notchy and stiff. It took some getting used to after driving my prelude, the shifter in that was buttery smooth, and pretty precise. But the celica tranny you have to be even more precise with. I cant imagine driving it with a short shifter, just making it stiffer and notchier.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I have the TRD short shifter in my white GT-S, and the B&M in my black GT-S and my preference defintely leans towards the B&M.

It seems to make me slow down my shifts and is more precise.

·
Registered
514 Posts
slow down your shifts? the whole point is to speed up your shifts because it is shorter.

Mistrimeat i meant the shortest in both. The latest TWM have bushings that are similar to B&M (maybe less thick)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard...

I heard that the TWM physically sits lower than the B&M. However, the B&M has a shorter throw... But, TWM now also has spacers that sit underneath the shifter housing, so I wonder if it still sits lower?? I realized that I hammered in the top of my B&M shift knob while it was on the shifter, I'm such an idiot... but I didn't hammer hard so I hope I didn't damage anything, and I drove around afterwards with no problems...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha

I dunno... just wasn't thinking... you know how the top and the bottom are two separate pieces?? well, I had to get the top on... I didn't blast it on... just kept tapping at it with the hammer... still not smart though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts