NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive gota celica gt and wanted to get some good power into it im thinkin either turbo or engine swap sooo does anyone know if i could drop a b18 engine in(the 1 that most ppl put in civics) ive heard it pushes round 225 HP so if anyone has any info on any of that id appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Info on what? The swap or the engine? Either way, you won't find the info here. We are quite happy with our 1ZZ and 2ZZ engines.

Jon

·
Registered
285 Posts
the b18 only produces something from 171 - 185hp to the wheels (I'm not 100% sure, heard varying accounts). You could mod your 2zz engine to match it, as the b18 engine is already heavily modded.

mark

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
aws said:
a b18 engine in(the 1 that most ppl put in civics) ive heard it pushes round 225 HP
blueTRD said:
the b18 only produces something from 171 - 185hp to the wheels
Your best bet is a turbo system. Your second best bet is a 2ZZ swap. It will be much easier (not head of a Honda engine swap into a Celica) and will produce just as much power with intake/exhaust/Power FC. The B18C1 will require alot of work (cams/intake manifold/header/possibly headwork) plus intake/exhaust/computer to reach the same power levels as the 2ZZ with basic bolt-ons.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Re: Re: b18 engine

Jesse IL said:
Your best bet is a turbo system. Your second best bet is a 2ZZ swap. It will be much easier (not head of a Honda engine swap into a Celica) and will produce just as much power with intake/exhaust/Power FC. The B18C1 will require alot of work (cams/intake manifold/header/possibly headwork) plus intake/exhaust/computer to reach the same power levels as the 2ZZ with basic bolt-ons.

You think so? A bolt on Celi is about 170whp, and a stock GSR is about 150whp. Would it take that much work?

·
Registered
285 Posts
2zz engine stock = 161whp
2zz engine w/exhaust = 167whp
2zz engine with e/i/h = 172 - 175 whp?

ITR b18 (who cares about GSR?) =171 whp

point to remember however, the b18 is running 10.6:1 compression, but our GTS engine is running 11.5:1.

mark

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
blueTRD said:
2zz engine stock = 161whp
2zz engine w/exhaust = 167whp
2zz engine with e/i/h = 172 - 175 whp?

ITR b18 (who cares about GSR?) =171 whp

point to remember however, the b18 is running 10.6:1 compression, but our GTS engine is running 11.5:1.

mark

We were talking about the GSR engine, the B18C1. The B18C5 (ITR) is expensive and hard to find. The GSR is infinitely moddable and a bargain.

Jon

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
JohnnyWash1 said:
We were talking about the GSR engine, the B18C1. The B18C5 (ITR) is expensive and hard to find. The GSR is infinitely moddable and a bargain.

Jon
And the B18C5 engine runs 11.5:1, just like the 2ZZ. The other thing is, a junkyard 2ZZ will probably be just as cheap as a junkyard B18C1, if not cheaper, and better out of the box.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Originally posted by Jtultra
F B18s you need to get a K20 if your going w/ honda
:werd: B-series are old now

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Henry you are an idiot. The B series motors are one of the friendliest and well designed platforms of this century.

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Regardless of output of either engines it would cost you more then you could imagine to custom fabricate everything as the B series does not go into a Celica.

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
DaksGT said:
Henry you are an idiot. The B series motors are one of the friendliest and well designed platforms of this century.
I didnt say anything was wrong with the b-series but if I were to use a Honda engine it would be a K20

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Originally posted by celico_man
if you want an integra engine, just buy the car and get rid of your celica.....

Thats all I have to say.....
if you can find one that hasn't been pushed the hail out of....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts