NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope there is no legitamacy to this...

Porsche developing its own Golf-based entry model?
Posted Jun 6th 2008 10:31AM by Dan Roth
Filed under: Hatchbacks, Porsche, Volkswagen, Rendered Speculation

If Porsches are good, more Porsches are better, especially if it means Stuttgart's model range will expand downward. Rumors are swirling that Porsche is working on its own version of Volkswagen's Golf/Rabbit, which may be an opening salvo in a Porsche assault on BMW's slice of the pie with its 1 Series. An

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
What has this world come to. Leave the 356 alone.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Someone needs to be shot.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
It's not as bad as the cayenne
Its worse than the Cayenne.

The Cayenne is

A) A premium vehicle

B) A supremely capable vehicle

C) Designed and built by Porsche as a Porsche (the Toureraragergegmahgiggittygeg uses the Porsche platform, this would be the other way around - Porsche using a VW platform).

D) An upmarket vehicle - it commands a PREMIUM over other Porsches, such as the Boxster and Cayman - this would be a downmarket vehicle being sold for LESS than any other Porsche.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I tend to agree with what you say Marc, but never liked the idea of the Cayenne either. Granted, it made perfect business sense, but that's the only merit it has with me personally.

I can't afford a brandnew Porsche as it is right now anyways, but bringing down the mark with a Golf-based model that I can afford won't make me get it either.

·
Super Moderator
49,458 Posts
Update!

Porsche's new baby Boxster
Porsche is preparing to roll out a new entry-level sports car that will help underpin the maker’s long-term future as part of the giant VW Group.

Dubbed by some insiders as the “new 356”, the mid-engined machine will not, however, be a bargain basement model, despite initial rumors to the contrary. Given the final green light, it would cost from about

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
New 914?

·
Impossibru !
527 Posts
I will never look at Porsche the same way ever again if that thing really goes into production.

·
Super Moderator
49,458 Posts
Update!

Baby Porsche Boxster confirmed
VW Group chairman Martin Winterkorn has given the first official confirmation that a new entry-level Porsche sports car is being evaluated.

Talking to Autocar in Wolfsburg as the new VW Polo received its the 2010 Car of the Year Award, Winterkorn said: "The Porsche model range is firmly based on the 911, Boxster, Cayenne and Cayman, and it will stay that way. We are also investigating opportunities for a smaller sports car and a smaller SUV - but I cannot say more at the moment."

When asked how likely the new models were to make production, he responded: "Let’s just say we do not usually waste our effort…"

Work on the R4 is already well advanced, and it’s due to be launched in June 2011. However, Porsche’s version of the car, which won’t arrive before late 2012, is expected to be significantly different.

Aside from its unique styling inside and out, the 356 is also expected to be one of the first Porsches to be fitted with a forced-induction flat four engine that is currently under development. This unit will also help ensure the Porsche and Audi have sharply different characters, even though the two cars have the same basic architecture.
The lines between Audi and Porsche continue to blur.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I wouldnt mind a new 914. Especially if it came with a DI Turbo 4. Lets just hope it wont sound like a Subaru.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts