NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over at clubrsx...I know some of it is redundant for you all who know me over here...but here it is anyway.

I was racing a Diablo and I smoked him! (see, there IS racing in this thread, so please, keep it in this forum)

Anyway, I've been to court quite a few times over the past four years for numerous traffic violations...mind you, ZERO accidents, although I have avoided upwards of 50 (I'm in LA a LOT!). I majored in Law for a little while, just to get the feel for the American Legal system and how to make it work for me, and also so I could talk my way out of things like this (hehe) In highschool I was in Debate for 4 years, undefeated, went to State Quals, and was disqualified because I got into a fight with some little bitch. Did Mock Trial for 3 years also, but I can't really count Wins/Losses in that, but suffice it to say, I've got a little experience. So, now, I'm getting ready to go to court for my last violation, which was expired registration, and driving without proof of insurance (although I had insurance at the time). For this, they ARRESTED me, and I had to stand in the booking cell for over 5 hours while the bitch behind the counter beat her meat, and FINALLY got to me. Anyway, I spent about 12 hours in jail, for REGISTRATION. When you go the the DMV/Post office to fill out a change of address form, make sure you get PROOF that you actually turned it in. Due to ****ty union workers, and incompitence, they have no record of me changing my address, so although I THOUGHT I had this ticket taken care of (because I paid it, got registration, etc), they were sending the court information to my OLD address.

Anyhoo, today I get a pissed off, and irritable judge, whom does NOT like me...so today will be a true test of my legal/debate skills. I think today will be harder than any other day to sway the judge because of; A: I'm getting the worst Judge in Santa Barbara, B: I've already seen him three different times for traffic violations C: I had a clean driving record to fight with previously. Today I will really see if I just THINK I know the system, or if I actually know my ****.

I'll post results when I get back today.

Oh yeah, I requested this court date when they arrested and booked me into county so I could get some of my $1089 back. Before this, I paid $5980 in tickets at the SB Sheriff's department.

Lucky guy, aren't I?

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Good gawd!!! 5980 bucks in tickets....... I be crying while I ordered my life time bus pass. Heres hoping every thing goes okay!

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
good luck, don't take any flack from that judge :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Here's a novel idea.......slow down. I have hard time feeling sorry for someone who obviously has little respect for the road and the people on it.

Ever consider racing on a track and fine tuning your driving skills? If you kill yourself racing, at least you won't take others with you.

Just my opinion.

Dave

·
Registered
493 Posts
i could not agree more

·
Registered
107 Posts
You could buy a turbo with all that money spent on fines!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Dave B said:
Here's a novel idea.......slow down. I have hard time feeling sorry for someone who obviously has little respect for the road and the people on it.

Ever consider racing on a track and fine tuning your driving skills? If you kill yourself racing, at least you won't take others with you.

Just my opinion.

Dave
Dave I respect you. I do. But just speeding alone does not indicate whether or not he has any respect for the road or the other people on it. Truthfully I have little respect for a lot of people on the road because of the way they drive and I am not referring to speed. If you know how to drive fast and take appropiate measures I think it can be done with a relative amount of safety. And the last comment is also not necessarily true. He could take out other people while on the track. It is all about wrong place at the wrong time.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Vandread said:
You could buy a turbo with all that money spent on fines!
I dont really think he needs another turbo on his car. Unless he was to put it on the SHO. That would be a bad car though. But if you mean his Supra I think 2 is plenty.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dave B said:

Just my opinion.

Dave
Thats why I've been to Skip Barber's 3 day driving program along with XfactorWRX, and another mutual friend of ours.

I don't race in traffic either. I have the utmost respect for other people on the road, which is why I bother going through the great lengths that I do when planning a street race, as you would know if you'd read my other posts about how we race away from light poles, houses, businesses, traffic, people, etc. You ever been to the open space of Montana...those are the types of places we race.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hmmm, maybe I should go on a little rant...well before that, here's how court went.

I talked my way out of all of the $1089...in fact, I made the judge care more about the fact that I might sue the County than he cared about my tarffic violations...too bad the pig didn't read me my rights...

Now for my rant.

First off, when I am speeding, nothing else matters. My radio is off, I have no one in the car, I don't care about anything else except staying in my lane, and keeping away from everyone else. If you've ever seen me drive, you'd know that I don't even so much as come NEAR the limiting lines of my lane...if on the off chance I do, I feel like a COMPLETE moron, and it's a LONG while before I ever do it again.

Second, you talk as if I race in heavy traffic or something when nothing could be farther from the truth. Speeding isn't the issue, its the saftey taken. Why do you think a track is safer than speeding on the street although MUCH higher speeds are acheived at a track than on the street? It's because the owners of the track have the common sense to have RULES and saftey precautions. You don't have a bunch of idiots standing on the side lines all the way up the track, you don't have cross traffic, etc. These variables can all be controlled just as easily on the street if you pick the proper location. If you find a road, with no crossing streets or driveways for over a mile, get one person on one end of that road, and another on the other end (near the starting line) both are talking on cell phones...you can have an early warning system if there is any traffic heading your way. Further more, in the area that WE race at, there are no trees, bushes, poles, buildings, houses, people, businesses, animals, etc. It's flat land with lettuce and strawberry fields as far as the eye can see...due to the fact that we race out there at 2am, you can see traffic coming more than 5 minutes before it gets to your location.

On the two different occasions that I have done top speed runs (both resulting in speeds of over 155mph) I survey the roads VERY carefully. After checking the weather report and wind conditions in the area, I choose if I'm going to go through with it or not. First off I get someone to drive me down the road as I make a little map. Second, while we do another pass, I monitor the road conditions marking any potholes, un even pavement, etc. When conditions such as this are found, that area of road is taken out of the possible areas for me to being me run on. Third, I have two other people do the exact same thing in case I missed something.

When I choose to do the run, I get someone to drive a few miles up from the area which I will begin (usually on the freeway). They are positioned on the other side of the road, looking out for Cops, etc. I then make a few runs up and down the area scanning for any changes in road conditions, hidden Cops, etc. Finally, I call my friend on my cellphone, and hook up the hands free setup, so I can hear him on speaker. I begin my run while there isn't a SINGLE car in site, and a car hasn't passed me for at LEAST five minutes. I begin my run, and see how fast I can go before I cross the point where my friend is on the other side of the road/freeway.

NO ONE is put at risk accept myself. When we race NO ONE is put at risk but the people racing. Just because we are speeding/racing, doesn't mean we're not being safe. Don't be so narrow minded, and naive as to think that speeding is the reacting agent in the equation of traffic deaths...it's SAFTEY. When we are racing, we are posing a threat to NO ONE. When other people race and kill someone, it's not the act of racing that killed the person, its the lack of common sense, and saftey that killed them.

Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. (and unsafe idiots)

Speed doesn't kill people, IDIOTS kill people.

·
Registered
527 Posts
From what you type, you take it pretty seriously that you try to avoid to endanger anyone from the general public when organising your street racing meets.

It's not like your trying to save a few bucks not going to the track or what not considering the amount of fines you've paid and the type of car you have.

I just don't get why you still street race?
Even if every possible precaution is taken, s*!t happens.

Everyone's guilty of racing on the street at some time or another, but to realise there are better ways to nuture you addiction to speed is a true indication of being a REAL car enthusiast.

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
I don't think its always about street racing. Some times it just geting around the crazy driver in front thats drifting in the shoulder and throwing debris onto your car. Some times your late for a appointment and call your self making time. Or you just may be suffering from speed blindness while on the highway.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.