NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2000 GT and was wondering if the powertrain warranty (60k) covers the fuel injector #1 replacement.

I am aware of the recall that covers the GTS models but not GT.

Dealership told me that they won't cover it, because I'm out of the bumper to bumper warranty (36k) . The car is stock and well maintained.. The estimate for the injector is $285.00 They also wanted to replace my spark plugs, which I checked a few hours before and they were fine.

This smile was the answer that I gave them :fawk:

Let me know what are my options, I'd rather replace it myself, since I heard it's not difficult to do.

And if that is the case, can someone please show me a write up of how to...
Thanks for all the info in advance, I truly appreciate it.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Doubtful. The 60K is only for engine and transmission internals. Not even the belt tensioner is covered. And the GT-S' only had a TSB, not a recall. Replacing the injector is a piece of cake. Just unbolt the fuel rail, unplug the injector, and pop it out. Just make sure you replace the gaskets and O-rings or you may have a fuel leak.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Blue Bomber
Doubtful. The 60K is only for engine and transmission internals. Not even the belt tensioner is covered. And the GT-S' only had a TSB, not a recall. Replacing the injector is a piece of cake. Just unbolt the fuel rail, unplug the injector, and pop it out. Just make sure you replace the gaskets and O-rings or you may have a fuel leak.
Thanks for such quick response!! :thumbup:

Can I purchase/order these parts at just a regular automotive store?
I'm not very experienced at fixing these sort of things. Has anyone done a write up on how to replace the injector??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice, just went to a junk yard and found one for $50.00 !

Is it absolutely necessery to buy a new O-ring and Grommet?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by ruCelika
nice, just went to a junk yard and found one for $50.00 !

Is it absolutely necessery to buy a new O-ring and Grommet?
The O-ring may be fine, but I wouldn't take a chance with the gaskets, since they get compressed when installed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You should replace the o-ring as well. They can have a tendency to dry out at the high engine temperature as well as the contact with gasoline. They aren't expensive, and it might or might not save you further trouble down the road.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I replaced the fuel injector without a problem but the car still runs like sh!t. The whole car shakes/vibrates like it did before...
:(
Autozone gave the PO300 and PO301 codes before I went to the dealer, so I dont think dealer is trying to scam me. but then again you never know.

As of now im clueless of what to do.. I cleaned all of the carbon from IAC; MAFS; ran sea foam through the throttle etc... put new spark plugs in.

Can someone suggest what to check/clean/repair next..? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts