NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made today a dyno run, and the results are the following:

The car is a 01 GTS. I remind you that in Europe the car is homologated with 192hp, while on the US is 180.

The curve doesn

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
your lift bolt might be broken. did you prep your car for the dyno? changed your oil? cleaned your MAF? check your air filter? there could be other factors. BTW are you stock??

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
damn it gonna have to find conversions for this. the graph does look strange though. almost no lift change. could be smoothing though?

since I cant read it what were your mods? also what is the beige line for? was this a before/after dyno of something.

I'll prolly just wait to respond til after some one posts a conversion cause I'm at work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for not giving full details.

The oil has 5.000 kms. Air filter is 2 weeks old, and sparks 4 weeks old. The car is completely stock.

I will go on monday to clean MAF. The car has 93.000 kms on, so it might be dirty.

I don

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Ah, the car has 132 ft-lbs at the CRANK. At the wheels, after 15% drivetrain loss, that lowers it to 112 ft-lbs, so you're actually above average in torque (112 ft-lbs = 152 N-m). I don't understand the hp numbers, though. 170 is too high for whp, and 143 is waay too low. How were both dynos done? And what does CV stand for?

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by 00silverGTS6spd
I'm not understanding where your comparison line is coming from??? that blue one.
:werd:
The blue line looks like a normal GT-S hp curve. The red one is too smooth (not that it's a bad thing ;) ). Lots of stuff going on in that dyno...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, blue bomber is right. The blue one is one curve I used from a stock GTS, found on this same website. That and the grey one are both wheels reading. And it seems that at lift I get nothing...

What else do you see in the dyno, blue bomber? It runs parallel to the other... but sometimes with 10hp less than it should.... and I don

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Dynos vary widely. This particular dyno might read very low. Its obviously not a Dynojet, so you can't compare directly to the dyno results we post here. And calculating horsepower back to the flywheel is a guess at best. You also might have a gasoline problem and are running into the knock sensor. You could try an OBD-II scan tool and see what your knock sensor activity looks like.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an OBD II scan tool. What exact sensor should I look for?

By gasoline problem you mean quality, or air-gasoline mix? I use 98 octane gas.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
OK, figured it out. :) The measurement CV (Chevaux vapeur/steam horses) is equivalent to PS (metric hp). So he has 170wps, which translates into 167whp. Adding back the drivetrain loss (15%) ends up with 192 crank hp. :) So his car is fine. :thumbup: Maybe the difference in the curve is from the different tuning that gives it the extra 12hp.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, my car is losing that 15%. 170cv, hp, wps, PS, or whatever :D is after adding the drivetrain loss.

Calculating like you did, I get 160 crank hp (not it even sound much more awfull...)

·
Registered
903 Posts
how do you know if the lift bolt is the problem without opening the cover?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts