NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am cruising on the freeway for like an hour, no shifting no traffic nothing. I'm coming up on my exit and I go to shift from 6th to 5th and when pressing in the pedal it felt harder than usual and then THUD, the pedal went completely dead and had no tension, this was all one swooping motion of course. There was just enough tension in the pedal to keep it up though. I feel like the hydraulics or something is keeping the clutch from disengaging, if I try to start the car it wants to leap forward, anyway I had it towed to the dealer ($128), this morning I go back in to deal with them and they tell me I am 600 miles outside the warranty but that they will look at it and see if it is anything directly wrong with the clutch because they had put a new one in May 4th, 04 and I bought the car July 3rd, 04. :jerkoff: Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong,,,,thanks

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Try bleeding the system with a mityvac...perhaps the mc, or sc is sticking.

Beyond that it could be the pressure plate, i.e. new clutch time.

I would put my money on the mc or sc.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MISTER 2 said:
Beyond that it could be the pressure plate, i.e. new clutch time. I would put my money on the mc or sc.
Well hopefully it is the preasure plate because then its all on them...this isn't a Toyota dealer btw...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok dealer called me today....the clutch was faulty and they are getting it warrantied through this company, does this mean they are not using a Toyota clutch? Anyway we are battleing on the labor as far as who is gonna pay for it....these guys can kiss my a**.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts