NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here is my problem:

i used to have the eBay AEM CAI (OBX) and i never changed or checked the filter cuz i hate taking off the bumper to get at it. so recently when i am at a dead stop and i go to "blip" the throttle before i take off, the engine hesitates for a quick sec and then revs itself up to where i want it too. but its not the throttle response i want. i want it so when i touch the gas, the revs go, without the hesitation!

so i figured this issue was due to the filter being clogged from the rough winter I had here in Mass. plus i put about 20K+ miles on it. so i bought an Injen CAI, put it in, and took it out for a drive when i was done. the same problem was there when i "blipped" from a dead stop but also a few spots through the revs in almost all the gears, the car seemed a little hesitant. (it wasnt full on strong through the gears) i never had this problem with the OBX CAI.

so i am wondering if anyone has had this problem or something similar. i am wondering if its maybe the fuel filter being clogged, or the plugs maybe being fouled... any help???? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
You could always give the throttle tightening thing a try in the installs section. I havent gotten around to it yet but its supposed to help alot. Feel the cord for the throttle and if it feels kind of loose then that is probably ur problem.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually after reading up on many posts by Griffin and GTS Laid, im thinking it could be the 2 bolts underneath the valve cover breaking :(...... because last nite my lift didnt have the "kick" that it used to. and with 77.5K miles, i think i SHOULD check those bolts anyways. especially with the way i drive my car :) but i am hoping its not that and its just plugs or something. but i will kepp ya informed....

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it could be a dirty MAF.... because now my car is running more and more like normal..... lift is still kinda shakey but better than it was before. but between 5K-6K its still kinda bad still. im gonna use the tip in one of the other posts (using brake cleaner) to clean the MAF and see how it turns out. but i still want to check the 2 shaft stay bolts and replace them as a precaution cuz i ordered them from Partznet.com last week. but i cant do that til i get someone to let me use there garage or the weather is actually nice for a day up here in the northeast :-/

we'll see what happens

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after spending $5 at AutoZone, i fixed my whole problem. i bought a can of brake cleaner, inspected my MAF and one side of the sensor was all black!!! so i sprayed that $hit down with the brake cleaner, dried it out, tossed it back in the intake, and went for a rip. my idle problem has been solved, there is no more hesitation through the RPM's, and lift kicks in like a dream :)!!! I am SOO happy now and so releaved that it wasnt what i thought it was!!! but im still gonna replace the shaft stay bolts as a precaution once the weather is nice!!!!

Just wanted to fill y'all in :)

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Might wanna put that OBX CAI back in. My friend had a severe problem with the Injen CAI (I even stalled the car twice while driving it), and after we installed the Nakayama CAI (same as OBX), the problem was gone and never returned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts