NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I started off last weekend getting a bubble in my tire I noticed it while putting on my clear corners so I needed to buy a new tire. Then while driving over the triboro bridge to work a rock cracke my windshield so I had it replaced on wed morning. Then wed night while driving out to my g/f's house on the northern state there was usual traffic but we were moving about 35- 40 mph and a guy in front of a gmc slammed on his brakes causing the gmc jimmy to stop short and I hit my brakes but kept on going and I slid into him causing major damage to the celica. I hit his hitch and kind of went under his truck. My car is all smased in and of course there wasn't a scratch on his truck but I have a stamp of his hitch near my grill. I needed to be towed off the road then towed the next day to the collision place and now I have to play the waiting game to see what they say. I will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
OMG!! Exactly the same thing hapened to my Celi

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291129723

The only reason the hood you see in that album does not resemble yours' is because the one in the album belongs to grunt. I picked it up from him only a few days before.

My accident happened almost the same way. I was on the LIE. Cab cut into my lane. I hit the brakes. Didnt work. I went right under him. Damage resembling yours 110% and not a single scratch on his car.
He paid for some of the damages since it was his fault and I had gathered witnesses ready to give sworn affidavits that, if he had not been duking it out with another motorist for position, he wouldve seen the road work on the LIE and not jump into my lane.

In any case, sorry to hear that dude. Good luck man. If I were you I would have everything checked thoroughly. Even though I didnt go through insurance and the guy paid for the external parts, there was internal damage and I still believe my axle is somewhat bent as a result of the accident.
Get everything checked out.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
holy **** bro, thats horrible! i cant even look at those pics for too long, makes me wanna hurl. good luck with that **** man. its gonna be expensive as hell. cost me over $1600 to replace a TRD skirt, repaint and fix the front panel and rear quarterpanel, all on the drivers side. it was a hit and run from my neighbor.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the pics make me sick too!!!! Yeah manny I have full coverage so I will have my guy check it out completely and if it is not worth fixing he would tell me ad we would just total it out I guess. Anyhow I still have to wait for an adjuster to go to my collision place and look at the car until I found out more until then I have a rent a wreck of a chevy cavielier oh well I just have to wait and see what happens

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well my car was estimated at 8,000 dollars damage. I need a bumper, hood, quarter panels, both headlights, both fog lights, a radiator and probably some stuff I am leaving out but my collision guy says my car will be ready either this weekend or early next week. Thank god for insurance although I am currently paying for a rental car but I guess it could of been worse. I will post pics when I get my car back and hopefully everything will be ok.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.