NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2zz-ge oilpan only holds 4.5 quarts and lacks a baffle; therefor having oil pickup and starvation issues on sharp turns and whatnot, MWR sells a Lotus/Toyota OEM Oil Pan Baffle (Windage Tray) - 2ZZ All
part number : [TOY-12123-88603]
Link: http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_40&products_id=2154

Will buying this baffle stop the oilpickup/starvation issues or is it better to just buy a morso oil pan which increases the amount of oil held and has an internal baffle. any ideas?
MWR Moroso Oil Pan - Lotus/Toyota 1ZZ, 2ZZ
part number [MWR-400602]

Link: http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product_info.php?cPath=42_47_60&products_id=799

Any feedback greatly appreciated; Thank you :whoa:

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
That tray you are looking at is stock on all Celicas, you already have it. It doesn't go in the pan but is above the oil pickup tube on the bottom of the block. Best option to help with oil starvation issues is the Moroso oil pan.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That tray you are looking at is stock on all Celicas, you already have it. It doesn't go in the pan but is above the oil pickup tube on the bottom of the block. Best option to help with oil starvation issues is the Moroso oil pan.
Thank you for the quick response i thought so, well i know what i'm saving for!

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I faintly recall that the MR-2 Spyder 1ZZ stock pan has some sort of baffle built into the pan. Not sure it's a direct bolt to the 2ZZ.

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
From memory you need to cut the baffle to fit the 2ZZ oil pickup but otherwise the 1ZZ pan bolts right on.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Yeah that's what I was thinking, it needs some modification before it can be bolted on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.