EDIT:

Going To The Meet & Show On Sunday, Sept. 17th
1. Carollo
2. Sylver1

Going To Just The Meet on Sunday, Sept. 17th
1. Jesse IL
2. Reyzin
3. Dudz

hey everyone. first off, i wanna say i'm sorry bout not putting anything together for the HIN show. I was gonna, then i got sidetracked with a bunch of other things. any way...

Battle of the Imports is coming up on Sept. 16th and 17th (Sat. & Sun.). I figure most of us are off on Sundays other than Saturdays. So I figure we can put a meet together before the show on Sunday, get some pix and video, chill out for alil. then all cruise down to Joliet for the show. the Chicago Auto Show meet was kick ass, I'd love to have somethin like that again. most likely it'll just be the Toyota guys this time, unless a few friends with Scions wanna go.

But, it'd be great to see everyone again! lemme know if anyone is interested!

-Evan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill get the info for the show tonight, and then we'll go from there.

-Evan

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Chances are the show will be on route 66 speedway in Joliet. It will be drag, show, and booty event. Oh and word of advise, 3M blue tape will be your best friend on the way there. Lots of truckers with small debris flying around. :D

As usually participation fee is $30. Damn expensive! Also, make sure to bring lots of food and water since it will be hot and sunny. Unless you have ATM tattooed on your forehead then you don't mind the $2.00 bottled water and $5.00 hotdogs. It's alright and the booty show, pppssshh... either they look prostitutes or crackhead. Overall, it's an alright event. I just really hate how they jack up the food. :fawk:

I won't be going but hope you guy will enjoy! I know I did the last time I did the show and met some cool tuners from different Chicago clubs. AND DON'T FORGET TO TAKE PICTURES OF THE EVENT!

·
Registered
815 Posts
^ You still owe me that race :) I will be there, but not for the show, for the racing. Let me know a place for the meet and I will be there.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I would be interested in a meet beforehand, like The Stadium as we did last time, but I'm not really interested in the show at all.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's the info right off the site:

WHERE
ROUTE 66 RACEWAY
500 SPEEDWAY BLVD.
JOLIET, IL 60433

WHEN
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
SEPTEMBER 16TH & 17TH, 2006

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH
Vendor Setup (Gate 12) 10:00 AM
Gates Open for Competitors (Gate 11) 10:00 AM
Tech Inspection Begins 12:00 PM
Open Session (All Classes) 2:00 PM
Heads-up Qualifying (1stRound) 3:00 PM
Dial-In Time Trials 3:30 PM
Heads-up Qualifying (2nd Round) 4:00 PM
Dial-In Time Trials 4:30 PM
Secure Facility 5:00 PM

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH
Gates Open 9:00 AM
Spectator Gates Open 9:00 AM
Tech Inspection Resumes 10:00 AM
Car Show Roll In 10:00 AM
Open Session (All Classes) 11:00 AM
Heads-Up Qualifying (Last Chance) 12:00 PM
Carshow Judging 2:00 PM
Heads Up Eliminations (1st Round) 2:00 PM
Finestmodels.com Swimsuit Competition 4:00 PM
Awards Presentation Conclusion

TICKETING
Adult General Admission - Saturday $15.00
Adult Crew Member - Saturday $15.00
Adult General Admission - Sunday $20.00
Adult Crew Member - Sunday $20.00
Adult 2-Day Pass $30.00
Children (7-11) Admission $10.00
Children (6-younger) Admission FREE
Race Entry (Car and Driver) $65.00
Carshow Entry (Car and Driver) $40.00
Fun Run (Car or Bikes) $30.00 each day

DIRECTIONS
If traveling to the event on I-55 Northbound:
Exit on North River Road. Go East on River Road to Route 53 (Chicago Street). Go North on Route 53 to the track.

If traveling to the event on I-55 Southbound:
Go South on I-55 to the I-80 Interchange. Go East on I-80 to Route 53 (Chicago Street). Go South on Route 53 to the track.

If traveling to the event on I-80 Eastbound:
Go East on I-80 to Route 53 (Chicago Street). Go South on Route 53 to the track.

If traveling to the event on I-80 Westbound:
Go East on I-80 to Briggs Street. Go south on Briggs Street to Laraway Road. Go West on Laraway Road to the track.

If traveling to the event on I-57 Northbound:
Go North on I-57 to Manhattan-Monee Road. Go West on Manhattan-Monee Road (through the town of Manhattan) to Route 53. Go North on Route 53 to the track.

-Evan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I made a list of people interested in goin to the meet and show and just the people goin to the meet on the top post

-Evan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, I have to take care some thing later on that day. So I'll skip the show that day. But I'll go for the meet though

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
are u goin on saturday or sunday tho?

so NO ONE is gonna go to the show on Sunday?! ugh...I'm very disappointed in this forum now. well...if people cant...then they cant. no biggy, i'm still up for a meet tho.

-Evan

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Carollo said:
so NO ONE is gonna go to the show on Sunday?!
pnoy said:
As usual participation fee is $30. Damn expensive! Also, make sure to bring lots of food and water since it will be hot and sunny. Unless you have ATM tattooed on your forehead then you don't mind the $2.00 bottled water and $5.00 hotdogs.
If I wanted to get ass raped, I only live about a mile from Boys Town. I'm sure one of them would do it for free.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
since when are car shows cheap? esp. since u would be putting ur own car in it. $40 for participation i think is the usual for big car shows. if u arent gonna put ur car in, why not pay the $20 and just come out with a few friends and hang out?

-Evan

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
big shows are more than $40. HIN for example is $50. BOTI would be around that price range of $40 and $30 to race. Those are the only two shows I usually attend last year, Import wars, and other community shows are less than $20.

Meet new friends? Sure! Although I've already met some of you but it would be nice to see some new faces as well. Anyhow, I will join you guys after the show coz I usually work on Sundays til 4:30pm.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well...i just tryin to get my point through. it's bigger than most shows around here. considering its nationwide. any way...$40 shouldnt break a person if we can afford to modify our cars.

-Evan

1 - 20 of 53 Posts