NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have thrown away/cut apart the original top to the factory airbox while installing an aftermarket intake, it seems that ordering an entire airbox would be the only solution apart from meticulously fabricating your own piece. However, this approach will cost around $350 from an OEM Toyota dealer JUST to purchase the top piece of the airbox (which you need to cut out the MAF holder).

Thanks to a courteous member of these forums, Weapon5, my attention has been turned to an E-bay auction for a toyota corolla intake adapter set.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270591587816&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123#ht_1103wt_1167

It says it is 3" aluminum pipe that I would use to hold the MAFS, and it comes with 'velocity adjuster' plastics that I assume alter the inside diameter of the pipe.

My question is: can this intake adapter be used in a Celica in a BB Perfect CAI configuration? Will I need to utilize any of the velocity adjusters?

I read the install and have all pieces necessary except the original piece that held the MAFS.

If this is a viable solution, I know that other members will be able to benefit from this information...Please respond or ask for clarification if needed...I know my descriptions aren't the best, so if anything needs clarity let me know.

Thank you for your time.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
There's a good chance it could work based on inside diameter, though it's still missing the 6 fins that the stock airbox uses to direct airflow. Worth a shot.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
since you are not living in CA there's a good chance you can just find an oem airbox at a junkyard. Have you tried calling around? I sourced a whole 2003 interior out of South Atlanta so I know that there's celicas down there :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts