NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did what I was always afraid of. To lower it. Well, now it is flush. Pictures of car on Monday, when i wash it and do alignment.
First impression. I though it would be WAAAYYY stiffer but its not.. It is actually great and qualifies for a daily driver!!! Soon good photos of car and review. On monday also we will adjust the height.

1st cell phone crappy photo

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
im still waiting on mine

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure how much lol. I installed them to the height set by factory. Today, however I am going to lift it up about 1cm only.
Car is TOO low now :)
Good thing is i dont have rubbing of wheels, so if anyone is interested in BC BR he can safely drop to factory default without rubbing as it seems on photo. You cant put your finger in between space of fender and wheel....
You can still drop it more. Look at the photo I have of OE and BC together. You can see the difference is about 7-8 cm. As you also can see on the photo, you can lower 3-4 cm more or lift it up about 5-6 cm.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, having them some days on I can now do my first comments.
First impression was much better than I thought. I was too afraid that they were to be so stiff that I couldnt stand them. I was really prepared to swap back my OE suspension. And if you think that in your area have bad roads with a lot of holes etc, multiply x3 and that is the conditions of the roads here. I know, I travel a lot abroad.
I have set it to the most comfort position (leftmost setting).
On small bumps and holes are great. Actually they are better than OEM. The ride has become "sweeter", so to speak.
On bigger bumps and holes you can feel the stiffness in your spine :). If it was a little stiffer I couldnt stand it. However it is not, in general, jumpy. Dont be mistaken, every stiff ride that goes with speed on bumps it will jump a little. But you can control it going a little slow on large bumps.
Cornering: Yes, yes, yes. You do want to play all the time. I did a first test on our national road near Athens that has some serious bumps and holes and some interesting turns. You can turn at a speed that your stomach stands. I played with an Octavia RS, no other info. I know its a heavier car etc but that guy wanted to race me. He just could not follow me. Because of the bumps on the turns and had about 180 km/h I really had to hold hard the steering wheel or I would fly. Actually I felt a little like doing WRC :)
Noise: I have no weird noises whatsoever. Noise from street, I really cant tell the difference.
Comparison to eibach springs/koni struts. I had for 2 years eibach springs/koni struts on my corolla. BC coilovers, to my taste, really stand so much better. Konis even in softer position were away too stiffer. Also after 10K km they actually kind of lost their excellent cornering. So I had a really stiff ride with no great cornering.
I have to see what happens after 10K kms to BCs.
In overall I think it was a good choice. We ll see how they progress in time...

And a side photo

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx a lot many. The compliment means to me since it comes from you. You speak Greek? :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
wow you only 1 kg less than mine :D

but i was thinknig upgrading my d2's to maybe BC's if i ever need too. or atleast have another set just in case.

looks good though and thanks for the feedback

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
milao, diabazo kai grafo...elinas kanonikos genimenos sto Canada ..:D
Geia sou aderfe!!... Eisai apo tous kalyterous kai pio sovarous edw mesa!! Vlepeis eimai kai egw xronia edw... :)

Now, I have raised a little the car. You can do that without removing anything, you will find a lot of how-to guides on the internet.
Just a question: Front struts seem to be so much harder than rear. On softer setting I must press with all my weight on fender to be able to push it down. On hardest setting I cant push it down at all...
On rear it is so much easier... Is this normal?
I will deal with them more next week, since there are some fine tunings you can do with pre-load settings on springs and stiffness on struts.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK some more impressions after 1K miles on it. Now they have become more soft and I REALLY LOVE THEM!!!! On good condition roads they feel so perfect. I have changed every day/ working routes not to meet hard bumps etc. I love cornering. Car sits low and still feels comfort enough. In US or Western Europe roads these should feel absolutely perfect.
You dont have problem with small bumps and holes.
However you DO feel bigger bumps, but in your spine so you must go SLOW on big bumps.
Braking has become sooooooo much better.
AT LAST I can launch! Yes you can launch this car. I never could launch this car correct.
Also I am on 18" wheels, so I get extra stiffness. If you are on 17" they must feel even better.
PS: If you want stock comfort just dont get coilovers...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
OK some more impressions after 1K miles on it. Now they have become more soft and I REALLY LOVE THEM!!!! On good condition roads they feel so perfect. I have changed every day/ working routes not to meet hard bumps etc. I love cornering. Car sits low and still feels comfort enough. In US or Western Europe roads these should feel absolutely perfect.
You dont have problem with small bumps and holes.
However you DO feel bigger bumps, but in your spine so you must go SLOW on big bumps.
Braking has become sooooooo much better.
AT LAST I can launch! Yes you can launch this car. I never could launch this car correct.
Also I am on 18" wheels, so I get extra stiffness. If you are on 17" they must feel even better.
PS: If you want stock comfort just dont get coilovers...
I might have to quote you on me BC post :) I'm glad you are happy with them

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I might have to quote you on me BC post :) I'm glad you are happy with them
Yes freely. To be honest I had at the back of my mind that I would put them on and then remove them immediately. I am no young ricer. I wanted some quality product.
My wife hasnt noticed yet the difference :). I told her I changed struts but hasnt do any comments at all so far... That is a good sign... :)
One last comment, they seem to be very good product I mean at first sight. Well time will show how good they really are

1 - 15 of 15 Posts