NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
No Region
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on a set of BC BR Coils with the extreme drop kit and have a couple questions.

For people who bought them recently from Kamispeed it says that "*NOTE: Extreme Drop version will only accept up to 8K on the rear using BC Springs. 10K Springs are available in Swift, but not 8k or 9k."
I know the 8k/10k combination is very popular and I was looking at getting this as well but did you have to upgrade just the rears to Swift springs? If so how much was it?

Last question. For those that did the install on their own how difficult of a job was it?

Also if anybody knows of a better deal/coupon/ or contact through this site to get a discount please let me know!

Thank you very much for your help I appreciate it!

·
Registered Beer User
375 Posts
If you upgrade to Swift springs from the Kamispeed site it will be all four corners.

Install of coilovers:

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=336026

Spring install and preload adjustment:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HlqOA35NmAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And kamispeed will usually match any price you find. I'll leave the searching up to you.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Do not trust that they are preloaded properly out of the box. Follow the video instructions above to set them all before you mount them. Ask me how I know. :D

Put the extenders on the rears before you mount them so you can snake the extenders through the hole. Some will tell you it's impossible to put them on after you mount them. However, it can be done with great amounts of time and swearing. Ask me how I know. :D

Use a torch to loosen stuck bolts. Just make sure you use something to shield axle boots, etc. from the heat. Ask me how I know. :D

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
The hardest part about installing them was taking the old shocks off. Once it's of the coilovers slide in

·
No Region
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody have issues with getting the new front end links attached? I can not get the attachment that goes to the body of the car to elevate far enough to connect the end link to the coilover. Any help is appreciated!!

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I had no problems, just swivel the sway bar up or down to meet the end link as needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts