NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im just about to pull the trigger for coilovers, and im trying to decide between d2 coilovers for 812+45 shipping
or bc racing coilovers for 999 and free shipping i believe

from research i learned that these two coilovers are very similar, so should i just go for the d2's?
any input on this? is one better than the other? they both look similar lol

http://www.gripmotorsports.com/d2-racing-rs-coilover-suspension-00-05-toyota-celica

http://www.jmautoracing.com/20002005-toyota-celica-racing-brseries-coilovers-p-55514.html

·
Registered Beer User
375 Posts
Buy BC's from Kamispeed. They'll match JM's price and you can order the 'extreme drop' kit which will get your rear where you want it. You can also fit them with swifts!

D2's are good too, and none of that madness is required.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BC also comes with top mounts for the rear and d2 dose not.
so this means the BC's will be a direct replacement while the d2 i will need to reuse my stock mounts in the rear?

im debating going to kamspeed and getting the extreme drop kit, but 1000 is out of my budget and i wanted to buy them tonight :marky: lol

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
so this means the BC's will be a direct replacement while the d2 i will need to reuse my stock mounts in the rear?

im debating going to kamspeed and getting the extreme drop kit, but 1000 is out of my budget and i wanted to buy them tonight lol
yes, and wait, i wanted to order my coils last friday but was $75 short so im just waiting till next Friday worth the wait.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think im going to do "bill me later" through paypal, which will let me make payments on the coils over the next 6 months, with no interest? seems a bit too good to be true, but who knows, should be ordering them in the next few hours :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
I'm surprised how well my BC's ride given the high spring rates I have. I've never ridden on anything else to compare though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just had my BCs installed yesterday, and love the ride. Its still hard on the crappy roads, but overall love it! Im not even close to maxing out my height, but I didnt want to go too low though.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys im considering BCs also what spring rates are you running....I was considering 8kg front and 10kg rear.
i believe they come standard with 6/8k

and with the standard they run almost as soft as stock
8/10k will be a bit harder i bet but not really noticable
when people start running 10k/12k then i start to think the ride will suffer a lot :ugh:

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
bc vs d2 coilovers

I'm on 8/12 with poly bushings and sway bars. It's pretty crazy around corners. Really likes to pull around.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
just looked kamispeed's bc coils on there site they are 5k/6k and can only add up to 4k for custom spring rates so its 8k/10k for me.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
At first you'll think 'OMG WTF DID I DO TO MY CAR!?' but later when you get some time around a twisty road and become comfortable with the car again you'll love it. Are you doing bushings and sway bars as well or just the coil overs?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts