NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
All coils can go low in the rear. It's the fronts that need springs/valving if you want to go slammed and be even with the rear.
Also not true. Once you get to a certain point it is the rear that cannot keep up with the front. Due to our rear coil over being so short we hit a point where the insert can't be any shorter because most coil over company's don't produce a cartridge that small. However the fronts have a lot of room to be shortened.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Also not true. Once you get to a certain point it is the rear that cannot keep up with the front. Due to our rear coil over being so short we hit a point where the insert can't be any shorter because most coil over company's don't produce a cartridge that small. However the fronts have a lot of room to be shortened.
Makes sense in regards to the inserts. I have tinkered around with quite a few different suspension setups and found the rears MUCH easier to get low than the fronts. Tucking rim is quite easy in the back. The front, coils don't want to tuck unless you have either huge wheels or modded coils. I'm just going off of personal experience here, never actually put much thought into it as I don't slam my car often.

The Ksports dropped much lower than my BC's did too, so there will be some variation in regards to how much they drop.

·
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
how much are shorter cartridges for the front? any idea, i already have the extreme low with 8k in the front :marky: and i can barely tuck my 16's

btw if i'm tucking tire in the front with 16's how low would i be with 18's?
would i be able to tuck tire or rim as well?
i always get confused about that.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
how much are shorter cartridges for the front? any idea, i already have the extreme low with 8k in the front and i can barely tuck my 16's
I'm also curious about this. Also gjkissel i have the extreme kit and i have 18's my fronts are maxed and my fenders are even with my tires i'm not tucking but i also have 215/35 tires which blow idk if that answered your question or not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So you're saying that I can buy the BC coilovers and if you ask for the extreme drop kit it doesn't cost anymore than the normal ones?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
depends on where you buy it
i sugest buying from kamispeed i believe is the site?
that's where i bought them
i got them for exactly 1000 dollars and custom spring rates, AND the extreme drop, and got them in less than 2 weeks
^ this mine took a little longer but still buy there.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts