NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed the beatrush underpanel about a month ago, with the understanding that it never needed to be taken off. i go to get oil changed the other day for the first time since install, and jiffy lube dude said they had to take the panel off to change the oil filter, and that they didnt have the size wrench to unscrew the nuts, so i had to go home and bring it back later with the rite size wrench. long story short, is there an easier way to change oil filter, because id rather not have a jiffy lube dude hafta remove, and replace it every few months, cuz i know eventualkly they gonna lose some screws or nuts or break something, any help is appreciated.

PS: i know this is in the wrong forum, but hoped that posting it here would get faster/more knowledgable responses

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
do your own oilchanges?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Pulsar1 said:
celicajonz said:
+2 Plus the underpanel is easier to deal with than the stock plastic stuff.
:werd:
I wish I had one.... I rather deal with few bolts than plastic clips that can break off or loose them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
+3 stock plastic clips are ****, i broke another two of them last time i pulled one of the panels off, just a matter of time til shes draggin on the ground.

change your own oil, its takes 15 minutes, way better than payin money for crappy service at teh jiffy lube.

·
Registered
304 Posts
celica_2 said:
+3 stock plastic clips are ****, i broke another two of them last time i pulled one of the panels off, just a matter of time til shes draggin on the ground.

:werd: im missing about half of my clips and im tired of buying new ones

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
yea 6 screws is alot better than the stock. But i was also thinking of the oilchange thing. there is a little hole (half dollar size) that looks liek it was made for oilchnages. If you stick a socket wrench up there you can reach the oil pan nut. Only bad thing is that the oil will fall out everywhere. If you are really that lazy and dont think you will ever take off your underpanel i suggest you take it to a machine shop and have them cut a larger circle/square out of the aluminum for the oil to drain out and 1 more hole for the oilfilter. Your call.

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
CelGTS02 said:
celica_2 said:

:werd: im missing about half of my clips and im tired of buying new ones
They're only $1 each. Sure, that's a rip off, but you don't lose a clip every time you change your oil, do you? A couple of dollars > $200 panel. :shrugs:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Beast said:
They're only $1 each. Sure, that's a rip off, but you don't lose a clip every time you change your oil, do you? A couple of dollars > $200 panel. :shrugs:

No i dont. When i change my oil, ill notice some missing. It dosent happen a lot, its just annoying. But the price is why i havent got one yet.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Beast said:
Well for those of us who's underpanel fell down on the expressway is a good option. Plus its mad JDM yo. :chuckles: They'er on sale at the moment too for under $200 shipped.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts