NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after careful consideration, i think i'm finaly made up my mind to join NYPD or nassau PD. this is not going to happen till sometime mid next year. this gives me time to finish up my school and to bulk up about 10-15lbs. my girl works with a homicide detective in the city and he is good friends with the guy that is charge of the adivsors of nassau and sufflok PD. so hopefuly he can get me into nassau or sufflok. Also a nassau detective is one of my clients @ the bank. he asked me to let him know if/when i take the exams

hopefully if everything goes to plan, i will be going to the acadamy sometime end of next year. i would have never in my wildest dreams thought i would consider the NYPD, Nassau PD/Sufflok PD

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Hahaha, You know something Mike, that idea is been on my head for a while now. I came to the conclusion that "if you can't fight them, join them". I would rather be in Nassau or Suffolk than the NYPD, one of my best firends became a PO for the NYPD a few months ago, they cut his OT and he makes around 32k a year. In Nassau, you are looking at 60k+ just to start and even more in Suffolk.

·
Banned
817 Posts
TRD StreetRacing said:
after careful consideration, i think i'm finaly made up my mind to join NYPD or nassau PD. this is not going to happen till sometime mid next year. this gives me time to finish up my school and to bulk up about 10-15lbs. my girl works with a homicide detective in the city and he is good friends with the guy that is charge of the adivsors of nassau and sufflok PD. so hopefuly he can get me into nassau or sufflok. Also a nassau detective is one of my clients @ the bank. he asked me to let him know if/when i take the exams

hopefully if everything goes to plan, i will be going to the acadamy sometime end of next year. i would have never in my wildest dreams thought i would consider the NYPD, Nassau PD/Sufflok PD
Might wanna take the civil service test (which is easy) as soon as u can so ur on the list...for NYPD. U can scratch Nassau PD cuz that line is wayyy around the corner for ESTABLISHED Cops talk less of regular citizens.

Nassau PD/Suffolk PD are the 1st n 2nd highest paid cops in the country averaging just over 100k.... hmm..NYPD..entry is now 26K..a reduction from the 34k u got while in the academy last year. Get my drift why the line is so long?

Jose n I took the NYPD test together earlier this year. We both scored high and I would've been slated to enter the academy this July..but I decided to take a job that I thought owned the NYPD.....Investigating...the NYPD!..Which is where I am now.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
404 Posts
IA?

and yes, entry into the NC and SCPD is very hard. many NYPD jump at the oppurtunity to enter either of their academies when the offer comes. But an In is an In. hopefully they are not blowing smoke up ur arse.

even though NYPD dropped the starting wage. if u can tough it out for the 1st few years, its damn lucrative if u have a decent head on ur shoulders.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I have two friends that are city cops and they love it, but I also have a friend who went for the interview and thought it was the worse thing ever. He said they treated him like crap and that nothing would be worth having to deal with them. I guess it's not for everybody. It defenetly has great benefits, like no more speeding tickets and early retirement. I think you would enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
What irony!! Jeff is looking into the SAME thing right now. Lot's of work and low pay the first year but it pays off in the long run with benefits!! Best of luck to ya!

Don't forget you have to pass the civil services test! They only give it once every 2 years here in Boston.

·
Banned
817 Posts
NYPD civil service test is now 4 times or so a year I think.

Just be prepared for the processing of papers. Be ready to sit for 16hours.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
matadorgts said:
Hahaha, You know something Mike, that idea is been on my head for a while now. I came to the conclusion that "if you can't fight them, join them". I would rather be in Nassau or Suffolk than the NYPD, one of my best firends became a PO for the NYPD a few months ago, they cut his OT and he makes around 32k a year. In Nassau, you are looking at 60k+ just to start and even more in Suffolk.
getting into NCPD and SCPD will be next to impossible but if/when i get in, it will be well worth it.

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
boxologist said:
IA?
even though NYPD dropped the starting wage. if u can tough it out for the 1st few years, its damn lucrative if u have a decent head on ur shoulders.
this is one of the reasons i want to join.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Im pretty sure there is no Nassau test for a few years. There is a Suffolk one coming up though that I actually am going to take with my brother in law who is NYPD. I have a good career in IT going but I also have a nice history of PD in my family so if i can pull a 6 figure salary I will make the switch. Pluss i wouldnt mind the action and knowing the bigger and badder i get at the gym actually helps my career.

Maybe ill see ya there! :evil:

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats the thing. the detective that is a client of mine tells me that nassau has their test every so often that i will be LUCK if they have it once a year. i'm in no rush for this. even if it takes me 1-2 yrs i'm in no rush. i have a good paying 9-5 job right now with good benifits :wave:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
SilverBullet GTS said:
Im pretty sure there is no Nassau test for a few years. There is a Suffolk one coming up though that I actually am going to take with my brother in law who is NYPD. I have a good career in IT going but I also have a nice history of PD in my family so if i can pull a 6 figure salary I will make the switch. Pluss i wouldnt mind the action and knowing the bigger and badder i get at the gym actually helps my career.

Maybe ill see ya there! :evil:
You better hook me up with a nice PBA mofo...lol

1 - 20 of 45 Posts