NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Making a new thread since Photobucket is dumb and is blocking free accounts from doing forum hosting....anyways...

This is my 2001 GT turned (mostly) into a GT-S the hard way, nicknamed Belle.
Started out as an essentially bone stock GT; no foglights from factory, no sunroof, factory wingless hatch.
Complete list of mods will be at the end of the post.

Stage 1: Stock, with the exception of the Enkei Inazuma wheels that were on the car when I purchased it.

Stage 2: TRD springs

Stage 3: TRD Springs, black wheels

Stage 4: BC BR coilovers, black wheels, stock body

Stage 5: Added CTR front lip, TRD sides and rear.

Stage 6: Added CF BB spoiler and Carbign Craft garnish, and went drifting...lol

Stage 7: Back to silver wheels

Stage 8: My 1ZZ met an untimely end on a touge run (oil starvation) with the NorCal Celica crew so a 2ZZ was swapped in.

Stage 10: current-ish Changed the front lip to a Molly Designs front lip, changed to 03+ hatch handle, and swapped the stock hood scoop for a Tsunami scoop.

Stage 11: Current-ish setup. I managed to get a fantastic deal on a set of TRD/Rays Engineering T3 wheels. I'm also a ricer and added a Password:JDM billet tow hook in Gunmetal

Friend of mine took some pics recently. I decided to put the set of Tsunami sides I had sitting around on the car.

Eagle eyed viewers may notice I also got a new set of center caps from RAYS Engineering, and installed my OEM HIDs.

Somewhere in the middle of all that I changed to clear sidemarkers, did the Blue Batmobile red-out taillights, and a few other little things I'm forgetting...lol

Some autocross pictures from an event I did back in April...photos taken by one of the guys that attended...I didn't even know anyone shot these until a few days after

List of mods/changes:

Engine/Performance:
2ZZ-GE engine swap
CUSTOM axleback exhaust w/Magnaflow Magnapack
K&N high-flow air filter
TRD Japan Oil Cap
Carbon fiber spark plug cover

Suspension/Handling:
BC Racing BR-series coilovers w/ custom 6k/8k Spring Rates
Swift Spring Upgrade
BC Racing front swaybar endlinks
SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Arms
TRD 3-point rear strut bar
Rod Millen Motorsports front strut tower bar
Eibach rear Anti-roll bar
Cusco Front Lower Arm Bar
DC Sports Rear Lower Tie Bar

Wheels/Tires/Brakes:
TRD/Rays Engineering T3 wheels 17x7.5 +30 offset
225/45/17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires
GT-S Rear Disc Brake Conversion
StopTech Slotted Sport Brake Rotors (all 4 corners)
StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads (all 4 corners)
StopTech Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines (all 4 corners)

Interior:

GT-S aluminum pedal set
GT-S leather steering wheel
K&N cabin air filter
Euro/JDM door sills
Custom trunk LEDs
TWM Performance Short Shifter kit

Stereo:
Pioneer T1809 head unit
Kicker Comp10 subwoofer
Kenwood KAC-1502S amplifier
Kicker DS65 speakers

Body/Exterior:
Password:JDM 4” billet antenna
Blue Batmobile red-out taillight vinyls
AVS window vent shades
OEM lower grille
Beatrush Aluminum front underpanel
Authentic TRD Sideskirts
Authentic TRD Rear valence
Authentic Molly Designs front lip
Authentic Tsunami Edition raised hood scoop
OEM 03+ Hatch Handle
Supra clear sidemarkers
OEM foglights
Carbign Craft Carbon Fiber License Plate Garnish
Bayson R Motorsports Carbon Fiber trunk lip spoiler
Password:JDM Billet Aluminum Tow Hook (Gunmetal finish)

LONG post, but thanks for looking!

·
@celicatoast
1,622 Posts
That last pic :drool: love it, nice clean build.

Didn't see anything about a C60 swap going in with the 2zz, how is the 2zz with the C56?

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That last pic love it, nice clean build.

Didn't see anything about a C60 swap going in with the 2zz, how is the 2zz with the C56?
Thank you! It's been a long journey lol.

The C56 with the 2ZZ, combined with the fact that I have a 2002 ECU with the 7800RPM rev limit isn't the greatest. It's still fun hitting lift though. I didn't swap the clusters so the 8k GT cluster is perfect for the 7800RPM limiter.
I don't get to do as much spirited driving nowadays so the lower rev limit and the longer gear ratios don't really affect me that much. Someday I'd like to do the C60+LSD and 2000 ECU/knock sensor for the 8400 rev limit but this is my daily and I can't afford to be putting as much time and money and big upgrades in it as I used to.

·
Registered
24 Posts
clean build!

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been a while, but updated with new pics.

·
Registered
7,709 Posts
Thank you! I'm sad I never got to see yours at any of the NorCal CELICA meets back in the day.
I know I missed out on a lot of other meets after 2011..lol. but I really like the latest update on the car. those t3's are rare but they make the celica looks sick.

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know I missed out on a lot of other meets after 2011..lol. but I really like the latest update on the car. those t3's are rare but they make the celica looks sick.
Yeah, I think my exterior *might* finally be done. I have some OEM HIDs waiting to go on and I have a set of Tsunami tails and side skirts that I am heavily debating trying. Overall, she's just about done....I can't afford a turbo kit and I don't think I necessarily want the associated headaches.

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mmmmmmm... A clean 8M6... I really like it.

LOVE the bronze T3's. Is that Moly front lip not painted?
Thank you. And yes, you are correct, the Molly lip is not painted (yet). Tbh, the whole car needs a repaint..clear coat is peeling in a few places and the front bumper is fading a bit. Gotta save up and get the whole car done at once.

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
new pics! :D

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Get back to the autocross and smash it. It's what she loves and does well.

Nicely done.

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get back to the autocross and smash it. It's what she loves and does well.

Nicely done.
Thank you!
I just dug up some pics from an autocross event I did back in April. Added to the first post. I don't usually have weekends free because of work so it was nice to let her out! Finished just about midpack in raw time out of 140 cars so I was pretty happy. Driver mod needs work but unfortunately I don't have the free time to do more events.

·
ZZT230.5
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Super long time since my last update, and the forum coding won't let me add pics to the OP, so here we go. Sorry in advance if these images are HUGE, it seems like the UI for both IMGUR and this forum have changed significantly in the past year+.

I added some more suspension brace bars: Beatrush Performance Bars and upper fender bars, C-One Trunk Bar, and Ultra Racing front lower subframe brace.
I also FINALLY painted my Molly front lip, and switched to TYC Red tails.
Thanks for looking!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts