NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new headlights and every store just has overpriced Sylvania bulbs rated for 80h lifespan or really cheap odd brands. I cant buy the ones i have anymore because no one carries phillips bulbs. I've looked around but can't find any info on what people use other than HID's which I don't have. Does anyone recommend certain bulbs, I want white not yellow colored ones. I have some that are 4100k and don't want anything lower.I have seen some LED H7 bulbs online but I'm not sure how those would be. Does anyone have any experience with them or just good halogens?

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you don't want to get an HID setup, then a good pair of halogens will be your best bet. I just tried a set of the newest generation LED headlight bulbs, and they still need a bit more development time to get good light output in our stock housings...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I need new headlights and every store just has overpriced Sylvania bulbs rated for 80h lifespan or really cheap odd brands. I cant buy the ones i have anymore because no one carries phillips bulbs. I've looked around but can't find any info on what people use other than HID's which I don't have. Does anyone recommend certain bulbs, I want white not yellow colored ones. I have some that are 4100k and don't want anything lower.I have seen some LED H7 bulbs online but I'm not sure how those would be. Does anyone have any experience with them or just good halogens?
Eurodezigns.com. Nice white H-7s with a life time warranty. I've run them for years in my Celi (DelSol before that)and wifeys bimmer. Great warranty. Return one and get two.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those bulbs have awful reviews D: But I may try some PIAA bulbs. Just wish I could find them at a store so I dont have to drive around with one light for a week

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
http://store.candlepower.com/osraulhiouh7.html <-very bright, long life, OK focus.

Buy a pair of those, they last for several years at a time and they're much brighter than normal H7 bulbs. They really are worth the price which isn't all that much compared to the staggering amount of light they throw compared to normal H7 bulbs. Even standard halogen H7 bulbs last a fair number of hours, its the +80 and +100 ones that burn out fast. I had a pair of Philips Xtreme Power H7 before and while they had wonderful bright white light and super good focus (very sharp cut off) they did not last long at all, burned out very fast. I've had the Ralley bulbs for several years now but drive less at night than I used to with the Celica too...

http://store.candlepower.com/bfcopotphxtp.html <-don't last long but bright and good focus

·
Registered
401 Posts
I actually was looking at these but I was worried about getting the 65w ones, I don't want to have to change out the wires to use them or have the wires burn up
I could be wrong, but I don't think an extra 10 watts will burn up the wiring. You can buy ceramic connectors if you're afraid the plugs will melt. I did, just in case. I run 100w high beams which I rarely have to use.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Correct, I ran them for years with no issue on the stock wiring. The connections look the same as the day I put the bulbs in still.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts