NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to what everyone thinks.

In your opinion what is the best celica year / worst year

due to stuff like 02 rev limiter 00-01 lift bolt problem ect..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Haven't had major issues with my 03 GTS. But it's only been 3 years...

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
early 2000 models are best for racing because lift kicks in at 6k and fuel cutoff is a little later than other years. That being said, as far as dependability, I don't think it changes much between years, except for the fact that they started changing lift bolts, etc. later on...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Lift bolts arent even difficult to change also. They only cost like less than $3 at the dealership. I put the newer ones in my car...easy install, and not really time consuming either.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
they cost like $.95/ea. Very cheap. Other things that differ between the years would be lift engagement and fuel cutoff.. also when it went DBW

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would say 2000 because of lift engagment and the 8400 fuel cut. Just swap your lift bolts out (cost me $1.63 and 30 mins) and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
id say the 02. the rev limiter can be changed, but i do like the 03+ interior. but i dont like the DBW

·
Registered
521 Posts
itchyvi3t said:
00-02 sunroof sucks though and interior isnt as nice imo

Taking DBW for that to me isnt worth it, and it'd be easier to put the sunroof and black interior in an 00-02 than it is to put a throttle cable in a 03-05.

·
Registered
87 Posts
2kbluegts said:
Lift bolts arent even difficult to change also. They only cost like less than $3 at the dealership. I put the newer ones in my car...easy install, and not really time consuming either.
I'd bet my life savings that there's not a single decent 2000 gt-s for sale out there that doesn't have broken lift bolts if they haven't been changed by now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what are the lift bolts? what are the differences in the 00-03 years? my 03 has already blown a tranny and it wasn't the driver!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
ragingpaseo said:
2005 cause it's only 1 yr old...haha...
:stupid:

my 00 celica window switches arent the way they use to be and sometimes my radio won't work, thats all the problems i've had so far.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
bd2003 said:
I'd bet my life savings that there's not a single decent 2000 gt-s for sale out there that doesn't have broken lift bolts if they haven't been changed by now.
My '00 with 103K miles didn't have broken bolts. I don't think they've been change either, because the previous driver was a woman, since women generally don't run their cars as hard..

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
01 without sunroof or leather. the best year hands down. revs to 8350 and doesn't have the gay ass wide shift gates like the 02+.

·
Registered
179 Posts
All years are reliable and do not break dwon alot or anything like that however in 03 they front and rear bumpers received minor updates. Also the 00 and 01 models have a fuel cutoff at 8350 istead of 7800(redline) like in 02-05. I also believe lift engages earlier in the 00-01 models.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts