NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i currently have an injen short ram intake on me celica gt. i have had it on there for about almost 2 years. i was having issues with it with my cel about 6 months ago and i bought a new maf sensor and it fixed the problem. now it keeps coming on all the time and i constantly have to pull the fuse to reset the ecu.

so my question is what intakes are good besides injen. i prefer only short ram as i dont want to have to worry about hydrolocking my motor

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
If you're getting a CEL, you'll be having that problem with any intake you buy unless you mod it or get some kind of aftermarket fuel management to correct the problem.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont want to cut up my stock airbox cuz if i want to put it back to stock.

well it looks like i will put it back to stock then. anyone have directions to put it back to stock. i forget its been so long

·
Ultraviolent
7,921 Posts
i dont want to cut up my stock airbox cuz if i want to put it back to stock.

well it looks like i will put it back to stock then. anyone have directions to put it back to stock. i forget its been so long
buy an used air box, theres plenty for sale here .................. only a couple of bucks

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if someone had los of time someone should make a whole bunch of the BB mods to sell on here im sure alot of people would buy it because alot of people dont have time or couldnt be bothered to do it themselves

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
it takes about 30 minutes to do the BB mod lol. thats not a whole lot of time. You cut it out sand it and paint it. Connect a filter to one end and a pipe to the other lol.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
what i dont get is that somebody hasnt jumped on making a replica of the TPR Intake... what makes them so different from the injen and AEM the size of the hole u connect the the manifold?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so question guys. wut can happen to my motor if its running to lean. will it affect it at all? short term or long term

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i know of someone who maybe producing intakes with bbmods built in but will be abit longer before anything is said for sure.

on that note, i have run both an ebay special and rmm sri and never had a cel for it. i did however have some bogging in the past.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts