NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Im seriously considering doing the vinyl dye on all the interior plastics. Here are the projects that I have done...the center console painted and the A/C controls that also have a blue backlight in them which I did with blue LED'S. Also something very rare was that in 7 hours I painted around the decals on the A/C controls to keep the decals and make the paint flush. I think Im the only one crazy enough to have done it. PICS BELOW

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/pba34c14c749b6db98fabe10299aef021/fcadc782.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p0699a244002bf4089784e882ec616ff0/fcadc785.jpg

Anyways I want to paint all the plastics around it, now Im considering either BLACK or GUNMETAL for the vinyl dye. Which should it be. Also should I do a straight gunmetal or black all over or a color combo along the plastics. No spec blue is not an option as the center console is more than enough.

Please all your opinions are accepted...thanks so much
-John

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
u kan see a tiny foot of a lil kid in ur passenger side.. lol..

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
it looks okay.. anytime i can see that its painted i think it looks a little cheap.. if it just looks like it came in that color it looks better..

thats why i like the ppl who did the vinyl dye rather than spray painting it

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice job on the console. I think that satin black dash looks really good, but I'm not sure how it would look with the Spec blue console. Might be better off going with gunmetal-that does look good against Spec blue.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
wait a minute... so the ac controls still light up at night? you painted around them? holy shiat... you have close up pictures? how exactly did you do it? oh and one more thing.. what exactly is the name of that gunmetal dye? thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well alot of comments on the console but nothing on what color I should use.

Anyways, the way I did it was a toothpick + touchup paint from toyota + 7 hours of spare time + a lil love = and result

then i put painters tape over it and took it to a shop to get painted.

oh and the kid is my little sister who loves to hold the camera =) its not like im a child molester

·
Registered
241 Posts
looks great, I am planning on painting my console the same color

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
very nice job on the center dash!
and yeah, you need a short shifter...totally forgot how tall the stock sob is

1 - 18 of 18 Posts