NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a brand new 04 silver gts thursday and wanted to add a few parts to start figured id start with the short shifter and exhaust what is the best short shifter trd??? or what is best out there im new to this i had a fleet of hondas prelude del sol civic s2000 then i had a audi tt quattro then i traded that for the celica just fell in love with the looks and comfort of it although the engine is goin to be a project. what exhaust also would yall recommend keep in mind i plan on running either a turbo kit or supercharger kit to get it to the torque im use to . i will make one statement about the celica above all the others i feel much more comfortable and truely love the body styling and handling i know the s2000 and quattro are known for handling but in my opinion the gts is just as good. but any info is appreciated please keep in mind about the exhaust looking for the best but keep in mind the forced induction and let me know about the short shifter is well. im a proud newbie to the forum thanks guys!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
If you're getting a turbo or SC, you're better off waiting and getting a custom exhaust made, since you'll probably be using larger piping. As for short shifters, it all depends on how stiff of a lever you can handle. TRD is the longest/softest, B&M/Megan is in the middle, and TWM is the shortest/stiffest.

·
Registered
304 Posts
welcome to the family, its good to hear that the celica's still attracting real enthusiasts. our shortshifters work best once you change your transmission fluid (popular choices being amsoil, redline or royal purple),greasing the linkages, and swapping the bushings for a pair of brass ones, cant remember from where, but are like 25$.
exhaust wise, if you arent gonna have a custom job one, the best ones are TRD's (quietest, best gains with aem intake) and veilsides titanium (loud, good performance, ~12 lbs). there was one by fujitsubo which i heard was a real contender, but it was available in japan only.
hope ive helped some

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by GT-Swhite
exhaust wise, if you arent gonna have a custom job one, the best ones are TRD's (quietest, best gains with aem intake) and veilsides titanium (loud, good performance, ~12 lbs). there was one by fujitsubo which i heard was a real contender, but it was available in japan only.
hope ive helped some
TPR beat TRD easily (the dyno comparison should be up by next week hopefully) and most likely Fujitsubo as well (there was one Fujitsubo dyno which was never scanned, but it was only 1 or 2hp more than TRD). TPR is also street legal (as loud as TRD). BTW, Veilside is one of the weakest exhausts out there. It's weight savings won't help, either (equvalent of 1hp gain over the average exhaust's weight :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
is your purpose for more torque for the street or for racing or both? if racing I say go turbo. for street go sc since you just want that extra low end torque. if you like to race and redline in daily driving on the street, then I guess go turbo :).

·
Registered
11 Posts
twm is the shortest one but b&m has teh shortest throw, trd has longest stick and throw,

and for the exhaust i wudd say trd

·
Banned
4,595 Posts
Yea go TPR for exhaust, its the lightest steel exhaust on the market, it made great gains over TRD, ITS CHEAPER!, it sounds just as nice, and its a polished stainless steel so it looks awesome :)

not that im biased or anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts