NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best strut ands sway bars front and rear and anymore suggestions for my brand new 04 suspension wise??? any info appreciated thanks!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
From what I've seen/heard:

Front strut bar: RMM/APC (same bar, different names) and Carbing. All are solid 1pc bars, so there is very little flex at all compared to 3 and 5pc designs..

Rear strut bar: Hypermotive 3pt or C-One/Beatrush. Hypermotive's bar is the only 3pt on the market that is removable. Others bolt directly to the car, requiring you to remove all the trunk plastics if you ever need to remove them. Hypermotive has brackets that attach between the bar and the car so you can easily remove it with just a wrench at any time. C-One/Beatrush (same bar, different names) looks to be the strongest bar, since it's pretty huge. ;) Very thick bars and large brackets connect it to the car.

Sway bars: Hypermotive Street and Competition. Street just makes the car stiffer on turns, but Comp alters the handling, allowing the car to be more neutral in turns instead of understeering. Whiteline may be another good brand, but nobody I've heard of has their bars. Similar stiffness to Hotchkis' bars.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hotchkis competition or street better for everday hard driving??? or which one is better for the money??? thanks as always !

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
The Comps are better IMO because they help get rid of understeer (rear bar is stiffer). Just have to be careful the first few times you take the car to the limit, though, since the rear end might want to kick out a bit instead of the front end sliding forward, depending on your driving style. Don't anticipate anything involved with handling response until you get used to the way the bars change it. BTW, with either Street or Comp, you want to set the front to soft, since the stiff setting is way too stiff for street tires to take advantage of (more understeer).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
appreciate the info blue im gettin blasted for a question that i still have not yet really i mean they answered it but not exactly over in the f/i some have gotten an attitude( which sucks) but i appreciate the help with this and the tpr intake( you have given me) . thanks for the info!

SilverGTS04

1 - 7 of 7 Posts