NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who is experienced in upgrading to a new car help me with this one.

Im looking to upgrade to a used s2k from my 2002 celica GT 5 speed. What would be the BEST way I could to upgrade to a s2000. I would assume that trading in my car at a honda dealership would be rape.

Would my best chance be selling the celica privately then also purchasing a used s2k privately?

also, could you tell me how much on average I could sell my celica gt 2002 5 speed (manual) with 45k miles for? And how much I could purchase a used s2k with sub 40k milage and 2002+ model for?

Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
first of all is your gt paid off? if not how much do you owe? if you owe, get a kellys blue book estimate on how much your car is worth, and for the condition, put fair. my gt-s is worth about 14k kbb, but when i looked into trading it in they wanted to give me 11k. so that's proof right there that it is more profitable to sell private party. in your case, i would trade in the car(assuming it's paid off) and finance the rest of the remaining amount. also look into insurance on those things. they are ridiculously high to insure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
insurance is gonna be approximately 2k per year.

I paid the car in cash, I have 5-6 Gs saved up, looking to do the same for s2000 as well, buy it straight up.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
well trade in at dealer should get you around 10k and with 5-6k you shoulda be able to pay off the rest easily. A used one can cost around 20k.

If you do private party then you may get more so thats if you really ask around if anyone wants your car.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
sell it outside, you will get more money that way. It might take some time though but the dealer will try to rip you a new one.

If you are in a hurry for an s2000 just trade it but if not, just sell it outside

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
First rule of sales, the less time you take, the less money you make. You will have to deal with a whole bunch of teenagers who are broke, and don't understand the value of cars. Then you'll get shady Indian/Armenia guys who will try and undercut you. Then you'll get Chinese people who will tell you that 50 cents is alot of money. Finally you'll find some white guy who has money and wants a weekend car to make him feel good about his age, and you're set. I sold my 03 GT for 12k, it had around 40k miles on it when I sold 7 months ago.

I was in a hurry to sell, so I got less than I could have gotten had I waited.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I actually sold my 00 GT-S and bought a 03 S2k.

Its more than worth the money once you start driving that beast around daily ;)

More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts