NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 02 Celi came with stock aluminum wheels and a bonus. the spokes of 3 of them have surface corrosion. I can get them sand blasted and re-finished for approximately $100 each, or I can look into new wheels. I like the looks of a lot of the aftermarket wheels but do not know, which brands/models are the ones to stay away from and which ones to consider without going insane on the prices. I am thinking of 16" wheels or possibly 17's but, at 49, I don't want a rough ride.
All of that said, what are your suggestions? This car is my DD but I want it to look good and last.

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
:headbang:-GO 18's...nothing less and nothing more.
If you're worried about the rough ride, that all depends on the thickness of your tires, suspension setup and your local roads. :thumbup:-Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,002 Posts
^ :eatpop:-Yeah, I think so.
GO 18's...nothing less and nothing more. :chuckles:

·
Daddy Daycare
20,263 Posts
If you don't want a rough ride you have to stay with 16" wheels. If you go bigger I can only recommend 215/45R17 or 225/40R17 tires if you want to stay somewhat close to the correct speedo readings. Expect the ride to roughen up a bit with those sizes. I currently run 215/40R17 and it's fun for handling but ride is noticeably rough compared to stock. With 18" wheels you can kiss cushy ride goodbye.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have not set one, but a range would be good. Initially, I thought that $100 each was reasonable, but the more I think on it, I don't want to have brittle wheels or look good for 2 years and then corrode just like the originals. At the same time, I dont feel the need to have the best on the market, since this is neither a racer or show car.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Wheels don't typically corrode unless the finish was removed somehow.

If your Celica is stock, I would go with 16s. I feel 17s are too big unless you have a kit and drop.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
To get them refinished it'd be $400 total with the price he told us. You can get nice replica wheels with better offset for a little more.

·
Wrecked Celica :D
263 Posts
i got a question, where do u go to get things sand blasted or refinished, asking because I want to sand blast my valve cover to make it like new, previous owner made it disgusting, 2zz btw

On topic: bags would be the most comfiest ride suspension wise (prob wayyy out ur price range) with a high aspect ratio

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i got a question, where do u go to get things sand blasted or refinished, asking because I want to sand blast my valve cover to make it like new, previous owner made it disgusting, 2zz btw

On topic: bags would be the most comfiest ride suspension wise (prob wayyy out ur price range) with a high aspect ratio
He said nothing about lowering...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts