NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
8's are turds, huh? Have you driven one? What exactly makes it a "turd"? Tell me because i'd like to know. Can't be worse than the Celica that drank oil when it wasn't supposed to and blew a tranny and motor within 1 year of each other :rolleyes:
You will soon realize that on this forum the ignorance of the rx8 is endless.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8's are turds, huh? Have you driven one? What exactly makes it a "turd"? Tell me because i'd like to know. Can't be worse than the Celica that drank oil when it wasn't supposed to and blew a tranny and motor within 1 year of each other :rolleyes:
Fat and slow, and yes I have. My stock 2 and my buddy's stock SRT-4 ate it for breakfast. But, it is an upgrade from the Celica.

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
It beat the 8 stock for stock, umadbro?

You must have a slow 8 too? Don't worry, you aren't alone.
You call the RX8 slow, yet you call 14 second quarter mile times fast? You do realize that your gen MR2 runs mid to high 14s, right? And you do realize your buddy's SRT4 runs deep 14s? And you call the RX8 fat... your MR2 weighs 2800 lbs. My car weighs 2850-2900. So fat :ugh:. Your buddy's SRT4 also weighs 2900. Guess what, if I wanted to drive a Neon, I would've just as easily gone out and bought one. And call me crazy, but I wasn't aware that straight line speed was the end-all indication of whether a car is good or not. Someone call the Miata guys and tell them that they've got the totally wrong idea about fun! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
You must have a slow 8 too? Don't worry, you aren't alone.
This is correct, and I'm content with my 'slow' car.

Like I said. Your ignorance is not worth a discussion or argument from me.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You call the RX8 slow, yet you call 14 second quarter mile times fast? You do realize that your gen MR2 runs mid to high 14s, right? And you do realize your buddy's SRT4 runs deep 14s? And you call the RX8 fat... your MR2 weighs 2800 lbs. My car weighs 2850-2900. So fat :ugh:. Your buddy's SRT4 also weighs 2900. Guess what, if I wanted to drive a Neon, I would've just as easily gone out and bought one. And call me crazy, but I wasn't aware that straight line speed was the end-all indication of whether a car is good or not. Someone call the Miata guys and tell them that they've got the totally wrong idea about fun! :rolleyes:

Did I once say either of them were fast? No. I said STOCK for STOCK both of our cars beat his and my MR2 sure does out perform his in cornering too. And especially mod for mod. My LIGHTLY modded 19 year old car tears his awesome RX-8 apart in every aspect possible. Wait, he can rev higher than me, you've got me on that one! Slow doesn't just cover straight line, what two main factors are needed for a track-type based race? Handling and.... you guessed it! Speed while handling and in the straight lines etc.

A good car is an all around good car. An RX-7 for example, a good car. An RX-8, a Mazda "oopsies".

Sorry, I kind of feel bad for you. If you were looking for cosmetics only, you made a pretty good choice.

This is correct, and I'm content with my 'slow' car.

Like I said. Your ignorance is not worth a discussion or argument from me.
Because all I have is valid points, what do you guys want? A video? I can surely show you if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Because all I have is valid points, what do you guys want? A video? I can surely show you if you don't believe me.
I am not arguing the fact the rx8 will lose in a 1/4 to a lot of vehicles. I am trying to open your eyes because you are looking at this from only 1 dimension. If you ever had a chance to drive a rx8 on a twisty road, or road course you can fully understand what I am getting at. But you still think that I am the one with tunnel vision. My previous cars have ranged across all aspects of motorsport. Not to mention the cars you have listed and compared it to I too have had seat time in them.

What I am trying to say is that yes, it is not a rocket in the 1/4 mile. But it does quite well in every other aspect, except fuel economy(i mean really who gives a **** about that). But no, you still call it slow due a straight line contest.

God forbid you could be blind to what this car is capable of.

I am not saying that the rx8 is an end all be all to anything handling related. Far from it actually. There are some stock cars that will perform better on a road course. But for what it is, a 4dr 'sports car' that seats 4 people comfortably, it does what it does quite well.

Now, before we derail this thread any further, if you wish to continue this argument, do it here(http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=323781) I will be happy to finish this in there if you so choose to.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
Have fun putting oil in it every week. Rotary's burn oil like gas... I do like the R8's though. The interior inside is really cool.
Funny.... I go 2000-3000 miles before having to add a drop of oil.

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
Funny.... I go 2000-3000 miles before having to add a drop of oil.
+1. Something must be wrong with my 8, because in the entire time I've owned it, I haven't had to fill it with oil. And I've already driven it close to 1000 miles. :rolleyes: Keep the misconceptions and generalizations rolling people. ;)
You two just wait... ;)

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
I guess I've been waiting for almost 4 yrs now.

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
You two just wait... ;)
wait for what? the amount of oil that it consumes right now is the amount it will always consume. the oil consumption is done on purpose... it is injected into the combustion chamber to lubricate the apex seals on the rotor. it's not oil consumption like the 1zz on the celica, which was a flaw in design where it would consume more and more as time passes.

·
Registered
792 Posts
RX8 needs a specific kind of engine oil for it to not to burn oil. Non synthetic, light weight oil?

The only reason people are giving you trouble about your car is because you said it was an "upgrade", but when you look at the facts and tests, it's not much of an upgrade, if any.

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
RX8 needs a specific kind of engine oil for it to not to burn oil. Non synthetic, light weight oil?

The only reason people are giving you trouble about your car is because you said it was an "upgrade", but when you look at the facts and tests, it's not much of an upgrade, if any.
Not an upgrade? RWD, 6 speed, faster, more refined interior, LSD, ABS, 4 wheel disk brakes, smooth as hell engine, lower miles, newer car, power windows + power door locks (my celica never had these), 100k mile warranty. The list goes on and on. If that's not an upgrade, I don't know what is. And did you not read what I just wrote? The rx8 WILL burn oil, no matter what you put in. You're not supposed to put in synthetic because synthetic resists combustion better than dino oil, though. It's perfectly normal for it to burn oil.

1 - 20 of 391 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.