NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing a little research. Wanted to know if you guys could confirm if this would work. I'm thinking bout picking up a set of Subaru Sti Stock Brembo's then get new brake lines to put on my GTS. I heard that it should be pretty much a bolt on conversion since we use the same bolt pattern. It would just be in the Brake lines that would be minorly tricky. What do you guys think? I Just think that this would be a great alternative for a BBK solution.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
seems like it would work. My ony concerns would be the brake lines and mounting the caliper. Im not sure how it would bolt on..

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
You will need a braket for the caliper to fit correctly.

Also I understand that you have a show car and all....why not buy a kit that is made for the Celica that will not mess up the brake balance of the car? Like the Stop tech's or TRD's?

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
MicaCeli said:
You will need a braket for the caliper to fit correctly.

Also I understand that you have a show car and all....why not buy a kit that is made for the Celica that will not mess up the brake balance of the car? Like the Stop tech's or TRD's?
Seriously. This was all covered in the "R32 brakes" thread.

You would likely get WORSE stopping from the STi brakes.

Just buy good tires/pads/fluid and call it a day. You have a lightweight car. That's the point.

Oh yeah, and it's a PITA to find wheels that fit around the STi Brembos.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't understand why this sort of thread pops up so much. Just cause the bolt pattern is the same doesn't mean the brakes will connect without custom designed parts and rather significant amounts of trial and error. If people want big brakes, cough up for an engineered kit that work for the celica. If its braking distances you are after, I agree with Butt-dyno - upgrade the tires and pads and call it a day.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got the same part no. for the celica trd st-40 bbk kit by cross check.
83 855 4300 ** 328x28
Fits: 02-07 sti / 04-07 wrx
would I be looking at different brakets/hats or bolt up n' go? sorry to dig this up again, just want to save some cash on a used kit with rotor thickness left. no easy task. but thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts