NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

So today I called in sick to work to install my GReddy Supercharger finally. Install was great I really couldn't ask for any better other than the brackets for the cruise control.

HOWEVER...my 440cc RC injectors are leaking fuel like a mofo. All the grommets, seals or w/e you want to call them are in place, are not cracked, and the fuel rail is bolted on tight. The first time I fired up the first injector was just dumping fuel. I replaced that seal with one of the old stock ones, and then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th injectors all dumped out fuel. So I replaced all of them...and now the 2nd and 4th injectors still leak big time.

I'm planning on taking another day off tomorrow to go o-ring hunting, but do you think getting a better or bigger o-ring is the problem or do you think the injectors could be the wrong size or has anyone ever managed to find a problem with the fuel rail?

·
Registered
903 Posts
I used 2 o-ring up top and an aftermarket rail

I put my RC injectors in w/ the stock rail at first and it seemed fine. Drove for 2 days before an O-ring poped out the bottom of the rail and dumped 3/4 tank of gas on my 5 mi trip home from skool...

Got scared sh**less and ordered an aftermarket rail that night.

/the stock rail is really shallow, so you have to make really sure they are VERY snugand there is no way for the ring to get pushed down out of the rail by 55psi of fuel pressure

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
did you forget to put the bottom injector seal on? You need to get the same OEM size seal and O-rings. As for the seal the only place you can get the correct size is at the dealer (believe me i've checked everywhere local) that i know of and they are only 10 cents for 1.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
also, try installing the injectors into the fuel rail first and lay out the seals where they are suppose to be.....then insert all the injectors at once.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btagoc said:
I used 2 o-ring up top and an aftermarket rail

I put my RC injectors in w/ the stock rail at first and it seemed fine. Drove for 2 days before an O-ring poped out the bottom of the rail and dumped 3/4 tank of gas on my 5 mi trip home from skool...

Got scared sh**less and ordered an aftermarket rail that night.

/the stock rail is really shallow, so you have to make really sure they are VERY snugand there is no way for the ring to get pushed down out of the rail by 55psi of fuel pressure
What fuel rail did you buy?

Black_TRD said:
did you put oil on the orings before installing?
no I didn't. They seemed to fit ok and well then they all got soaked in fuel so I figured they didn't need it anymore.

ahnjae said:
also, try installing the injectors into the fuel rail first and lay out the seals where they are suppose to be.....then insert all the injectors at once.
That's what I did...took the larger rubber seals and put them in the ports....plugged up the fuel injectors into the fuel rail and installed it as a unit.

Do the dealers normally have those parts in-stock, or well I'm sure they can get them pretty fast. I'll probably go to my dealer and ask...they can't rape me too bad for 5mm o-rings :crazy2:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks...I sent him a PM...maybe I'll get one. I went to the toyota dealership and ordered some new o-rings,etc. hopefully that will do the trick.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Just as a hint - when you install the injectors double o-ring them, rub some spit or gasoline on them for lube and slowly work them into the raid in as exactly perpendicular a fashion as possible. They will not want to go in all teh way to the plastic collar, and the o-rings will probably squeeze out the sides, but try again and again and you will get it right eventually.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I found out the REAL cause of the problem today. It wasn't those tiny o-rings on the top causing the problem. I assumed it was, because that's where the fuel was coming from, and because it looked like the seals going into the injector ports were fine. What I didn't know, is that those seals going down into the ports were the culprit. They melted over time and compressed a bit. You can see what I am talking about in the picture below. The one on the left is the old one, and the one on the right is the new one. One of my o-rings was also f'ed up...but the injector port seals were the main issue.

Popped those puppies in, and not leaking a drop. Will cost you about $2.50 a pop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts