NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
all i got to say is damn...

it makes my car feel like i got a 6 puk clutch x2. 1st gear grabs hard as hell...every gear chirips up to 3rd (on 18's!!!!!). Instant power delivery the second i hit the gas. makes me feel like im in a race car.

i dont know if id recomend the 2 together for a daily driver... i was stuck in traffic on 495 for 3 hours and since i already have a 6 puk clutch and fidanza flywheel.. it made it even harder in bumper to bumper traffic. I was used to it before with out any motor mounts but now its goign to take some getting used to. 1st gear engages faster than ever, and will be great for reaction time in the 1/4 mile or driving agressively merging in and out of traffic. Shifting is very responsive and more accurate than it used to be.

However... none of these 2 products eliminated my wheel hop at all. Reason being is that i have an ACT 6 puk and the fidanza, i dunno maybe i need to invest in some adjustable shocks and some more suspension work. i really dont want to exchange the 6 puk for a street disc if i dont have to... any suggestions on this peoples?

another thing is the horrible idle vibration below 850 rpm. that will also have to take getting used too but taping the gas peddle to relive the car seems to help at a stop. my car hardly ever goes below 1000rpm at idle (as long as i got the heat or ac running).

I cant wait to goto the track and see the rusults.

Someone please comment on the wheel hop issue, i cant dump the clutch on my car.. i have to somewhat slip it at a lower rpm (which is hard to do) for a good launch with no wheel hop.

thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah... when it goes below 850rpm... the car vibrates like its going to stall or something but it doesnt... its probably not as bad as i made it sound but it feels horrible becasue it something that it never used to do..

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i take the daily driver thing back... i easiliy adjusted to it today, and wouldnt, and i dont forsee any problems driving with this setup everyday... i was just trown way off when i was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours...

·
Registered
609 Posts
How much was Bill's motor mount and where can i get it?
Do you think the combo will have a noticeable affect on 1/4 or 1/8th mile times?

·
Registered
609 Posts
where and how much?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just a note to everyone.......im definatly going to buy a steet disc and install it withing the next week... i need the abiliy for a good lauch... and my celica seems like its falling apart if i dump the clutch... and i dont want that.....

·
Registered
737 Posts
With your mods you still have wheel hop? You need to stiffen your springs...does the TIEN SS have adjustable shock settings? Maybe your running too soft. I went through Progress Group springs and then Eibach springs before I finally got the TIEN's and that elliminated wheel hop. I have the HA's, and my dampening is at 7 (out of 18), and I put them at 18 when I take it to the track....no wheel hop even dumping the clutch. I haven't taken it to the track with the LSD though, and the LSD has a habit of wheel hopping at the 7 setting, so we'll see....but I doubt that at even a 9 setting my wheels will hop. TIEN's rock.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have suspension technique springs... and stock shock... i think im going to invest in some kyb's or tiens sortly.

btw ohwhatafeeling what type of act clutch do you have.... I have 6 puk...

·
Registered
204 Posts
All I have are tanabe springs and those helped alot. But didn't eliminate wheel hop completely. And i miss my torque steer. They took that away

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
I installed the Torque Brace today, its a pain in the ass to install, not hard, just very little room to work with..

The difference is AMAZING.... I can shift so much smoother and faster now and it doesn't grind at all! Throttle response is instant.

Best $56 I ever spent! Idle is louder and as well as acceleration, but it sounds good and not annoying. Thumns up.

·
Registered
514 Posts
can you please describe the sound?

·
Registered
514 Posts
is that because of the brace or the mount?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Just sent my money to killerm, should have my torque brace soon :D

·
Registered
863 Posts
I'd say it could be both.. the noise that is.. however i have the brace and i hear the same noise you guys are talking about.. I love the brace though.. just installed the kumo sport bushings in place of the trd ones.. not sure if this will provide any help in shifts or not.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.