NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMHO. ;)

I started putting my interior back in tonight. I must say it changes the look to the car ten fold. No longer has a cheap look to it that I never really liked.

These are the only pics I've taken so far. I'll get more later.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the panels but the dash are dyed. The dash is getting wrapped in black vinyl. Then the center console is getting molded into carbon.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Satin. I wanted the change to be subtle, and I always like the interiors on the Supra, so I decided to darken it a bit. I did my entire engine and wheels as well. The Spectra Mica Blue body really comes to life now.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
engine and wheels? with the SEM dye? you really need to post more pics of your car! :) interior/exterior.

I am planning on doing the all black interior in the spring as well, thats why ;)

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
evil eye said:
engine and wheels? with the SEM dye? you really need to post more pics of your car! :) interior/exterior.

I am planning on doing the all black interior in the spring as well, thats why ;)
:rofl: No man. I'm sorry. I meant, they are all black now.

Check out my post in readers rides for regularly updated pics of my project in progress.

·
Registered
27,517 Posts
:gap: oh! ok, cool! i was about to say, wtf?! hehehe cool, i'll check out reader's rides. Question: did u have to remove the rear setas to take out those rear panels? thanks man!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
evil eye said:
:gap: oh! ok, cool! i was about to say, wtf?! hehehe cool, i'll check out reader's rides. Question: did u have to remove the rear setas to take out those rear panels? thanks man!
Yeah, if I remember right, I didn't have to completely, but I did have to undo a bolt or two right around where the panel is.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm in the process of taking out my interior now. Just got the back sides and the front left. Will start spraying it this week with Folia Tec black paint. Yes banana you do need to sand it with 400 grit or emery cloth and use a primer. Will get pics when its done.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I too did this over the weekend, got all the interior parts done minus the entire dash. I am however not really happy with the finished product. The color and everything looks great, but this shit doesn't stand up to shit. I mean, I scuffed my foot on the door sill as i was getting out of the car and it chipped. I am really unhappy with that. I sanded all the pieces down, washed with hot soap/water and then applied several coats on each piece. Is there any suggestion on what I should do now? By the way, I used the Dupi-Color that Mistrimeat used not the SEM stuff.

·
Registered
755 Posts
OMG, what a PAIN in the ass the main dash is to take out!! Plan on spending a couple hours doing this...I'm stuck at trying to take the steering wheel cover off where the air bag is. Celica repair manual says to turn the two torx screws until the groove in the circumference of the screw reaches the screw cap or sum ****...well, they aren't moving..just turning...dash is sitting loose, no wiring harnesses or connectors attached to it...just can't get it past the steering wheel and the headlight/wiper switches. Any pointers? Otherwise I'll just go to Toyota tomorrow..thanx

1 - 20 of 119 Posts