ok, I'm gonna use your words on this one:

very very nice!! :drool:
silverCELICAgt-s said:
damn thats sexy!!!
ICU2COP said:
wow, very nice!
thanks alot guys :)

blitzceli said:
looks good!. Kinda looks like mine. Im trying to get my gf's gay friend to trade me interiors out of his 04 gt lol.
lol!

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Great job Hoan! Looks awesome. Didn't know you would do this since you said you would sell your car soon. I'm not going to copy or anything , but i am curious of what did you use and how did you prep everything. Just for future reference. Keep up the great work. Your car is one of my favorites on this site.

·
Registered
19,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
xiongxtreme2382 said:
man, very nice. what paint did you used and did you also clear coat it after painting.
LowcarbonBLue said:
Great job Hoan! Looks awesome. Didn't know you would do this since you said you would sell your car soon. I'm not going to copy or anything , but i am curious of what did you use and how did you prep everything. Just for future reference. Keep up the great work. Your car is one of my favorites on this site.
thanks alot! im planning on selling the car this summer, but who knows, i might keep it and add f/i. well, i used soemthing like simple to clean the plastics off really well. after everything was dry, i sprayed on some adhesion promoter to help the paint stick. after that dried off, i sprayed on about 4-5 coats of flat black Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Dye i found at walmart, kragens, and pep boys. the key is to use nice and thin layers of paint. i didnt need to use any kind of clear coat. hope that helps!

·
Registered
101 Posts
thats looks awesome...toyota should of done that to begin with. honestly, who were they trying to please with that grey anywayz???

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
oONoGoAutoOo said:
xiongxtreme2382 said:
man, very nice. what paint did you used and did you also clear coat it after painting.
LowcarbonBLue said:
thanks alot! im planning on selling the car this summer, but who knows, i might keep it and add f/i. well, i used soemthing like simple to clean the plastics off really well. after everything was dry, i sprayed on some adhesion promoter to help the paint stick. after that dried off, i sprayed on about 4-5 coats of flat black Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Dye i found at walmart, kragens, and pep boys. the key is to use nice and thin layers of paint. i didnt need to use any kind of clear coat. hope that helps!
wow i def know my summer project now! that looks amazing, and a lot cheaper than the interior swap. it looks so much better in black.

·
Registered
19,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DriFFK'ntRoLL said:
thats looks awesome...toyota should of done that to begin with. honestly, who were they trying to please with that grey anywayz???
yeah lol. the black makes the car look more...luxurious
AngelOfDeath said:
Speechless lol
:)
CharlieBrown said:
wow!
what color did you paint it? (color code that is)
method?
did you prime the plastics before applying paint?
did you paint your stearing wheel?
check the post above. i wrote what i did to get it painted. i used duplicolor flat black vinyl and fabroc dye. and the steering wheel was already black =)
Dload said:
good job hoan....seems like not an easy job to do....hope it lasts tho
i hope so too! lol

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.