NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happening in about 2 weeks. Pick and we will see how you guy's predictions come out. 7th sign if you want you can race as well. I have raced Blackie about 60 times in all kinds of cars since 1995. My Mustang was to race his Hyabusa but he sold the bike.

Me: 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed.

Old combo-12.0 at 121 MPH at 75/80-11.8 at 122MPH at Cecil on pump gas at 35000 pounds,drag radials and pump gas. Since then have added more boost,fuel,car will be dynoed(dial in the VPC,F con and GCC along with cams gears unlike before) and lost about 100 pounds(50 in recipicating weight) and suspension mods:
http://ww2.mk3.us:8870/mike/suprapic3.asp

I am hoping to hit about 530RWHP at 22PSI and have a weight of about 3350-3400. Have a 50 wet shot on the car but not sure if I should use it:

Blackhatch-1990 Ford Mustang 5.0 5 speed.

Stock it went 14.2-14.3s at 96-97 MPH on radials. Mods now-free mods,Edelbrock aluminum heads,Holly Intake,70 MPH TB with Bullit MAF, complet fuel system with lines,rails-50LB injectors inline pumpe,heavy duty motor mounts,Steeda tri ax shifter,Custom blower cam with 1.6 stud mounted rockers,long tube headers with no cats and dumps,MSD digital ignition,aluminum ds,Powerdyne blower BD11a(off my Mustang-I made 480RWHP with it-even at 434RWHP untuned car went 11.7 at 123MPH grany shifting on drs in 90 degree heat-check out video on homepage for Mustang) with asp pulleys and 4 inch powerpipe(puts the maf in the fenderwell),aluminum DS,373 gears blah blah. Car's weight is maybe 3200 pounds. I would estimate if he runs 11 psi he will hit 500RWHP at 11PSI(He is running better heads and intake than I did with that blower). He too has a wet shot kit on the car but will he use it(he has a stock 5.0 shortblock)?

I think if I can hang with him to 100(ie he will have no traction) my topend will take him out.

Of course if I lose I always have back up-600RWHP of it!!!

Let me hear what you think

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i think youll pull him on the top end. Turbo > SC. That is, if you are able to stay close up to 100.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I'm with them, 3rd gen supras have very nice top end.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
will both be on drag radials and if so which tires and sizes?

also any suspention mods to the 5.0?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Go get'em Mike :chuckles::thumbup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
this going to be a 1/4 mile track race or a street race to the top end? Suspension mods on both cars? have any 60' times for the both of you?

im going w/ the 5.0 in the 1/4.

gonna get it on vid?

have fun, should be a good race.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
teh Supra cannot LOSE!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
WOW, the time has come. DAMN Eric your stang looks vicious and ready to go, must sound bad a$$ and Mike your supra is a monster as well. I wont even come close to you guys, I am still on stock fuel system and ecu, also stock intercooler. BUT I will offer to videotape this if its ok with you guys! cant wait.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pic of the Mustang motor 7Th is actually mine. If Blackie kills me I will come after him with that.

Suspension mods on Supra:
245-17" drag radials on Mk4 rims
89-up traction bars
ST sway bars rear and front.

Mustang:
Upper lcas
Lower lcas
16" 255 drag radials

The Mustang's top end with the tall 5th gear will hurt him(I ahve a short 5th gear). We will race 1/4 mile track/street and all out.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Only 245s??? with over 500 (estimated) whp. Wow....

I say the stang wins. :)

How are the shocks on the the Supra...not the originals correct?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Well Mike, if you guys need a camera man let me know, if not, I would love to be there. Just send me a pm on the date and time! Take care.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by 7THSIGN
Well Mike, if you guys need a camera man let me know, if not, I would love to be there. Just send me a pm on the date and time! Take care.
Vids. Mike do it :)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
im going to give it to mike... i have a feeling blackie wont hook good enough

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
:nono:
its short for blackhatch you damn frijolero

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
hey dude .. you thirsty?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

damn dude.. i got OWN3D!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts